GDT: #40| Senators at FLYERS | Tue., Jan. 6, 2015 | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Zibanejad & RNH are both born in 1993. I would imagine Voracek picked it because of Nedved.

Voracek actually picked #9 when he first got here. He wore during the preseason & switched before the year started.

Thank you kind sir for that tidbit of info, I did faintly remember Vorecek wearing #9

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
that is off side not even close

And here in Canada I get to hear the announcers say "the fans voicing their displeasure on what they think is an offside play, but Voracek has to be stronger on the puck and not have happy feet"

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Zibanejad & RNH are both born in 1993. I would imagine Voracek picked it because of Nedved.

Voracek actually picked #9 when he first got here. He wore during the preseason & switched before the year started.
The Czech Republic became independent in 1993. I'm sure that was the reason for Nedved and Voracek to choose that number.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
And here in Canada I get to hear the announcers say "the fans voicing their displeasure on what they think is an offside play, but Voracek has to be stronger on the puck and not have happy feet"

Which would have been correct. Our announcers are just dumb

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
IT WASNT OFFSIDE YOU IDIOT ANNOUNCERS!!

The trailing guy came out of the zone and re-touched before everyone went in the zone, even though the puck was already in the zone.

That's a legal play!

SIMMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Title (from 2009): One on One with Blue Jacket Jake Voracek

Is there any significance to the #93 your wear on the back of your sweater?

My dad told me to tell anyone who asked me about it that it’s because we had broken with the Slovakians (Czech Republic and Slovakia became separate nations on January 1st, 1993). But that wasn’t the reason. I just took it because I like it; it’s a nice number.

http://thehockeywriters.com/one-on-one-with-blue-jacket-jake-voracek/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad