|
32 Streit​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Last edited:

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Any reason why Carrier is on the 2nd line but Kane is on the 3rd? Carrier doesn't put up points and his play is meh in comparison to Kane's

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Any reason why Carrier is on the 2nd line but Kane is on the 3rd? Carrier doesn't put up points and his play is meh in comparison to Kane's

Kane is not effective with players better than himself

Carrier-ROR-Okposo is at like 60CF% on the season or something crazy like that. The line works.

edit: ok I checked it's actually 66CF%, whoa

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If Bylsma is set on having a "top6" and having ROR and Eichel as the top 6 centers, these lines are probably as good as we can get in the current situation (save for the 4th obviously, yikes).

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
1-10: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (16:22)
#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma joins Howard and Jeremy next right here on WGR! Tune in:

Bylsma - we made a mistake on 1st goal vs. WPG, kind of derailed us a bit. We weren't on our game in the 1st period #Sabres

Bylsma - we needed to regroup after we tied it after 1st period, and that didn't happen in the 2nd period #Sabres

Bylsma - we felt the game started to turn around in the final 7 minutes of the second period #Sabres

Bylsma - we know we have to get off to better starts every game #Sabres

Bylsma - McCabe's visor cut him on the hit on Laine. It's not the first time Jake has used good positining to step into a guy #Sabres

Bylsma - thought Jake's hit was clean but it was a huge collision. Hope Laine will be alright #Sabres

Bylsma - Jack has gotten some attention for him speaking out and offering leadership from the group. It's not just from Jack though #Sabres

Bylsma - we felt like we could have won two big games vs. Boston. It was a huge disappointment. We can't aceept losing those games #Sabres

Bylsma - can't say Reinhart and Eichel will stay together with Larsson being out. 23 has played well at center, will still see him there.

Bylsma - Sam and Jack work well off each other. It didn't work as well earlier in the season but still want to see Sam with Jack #Sabres

Bylsma - Foligno is at his best when he uses his size to create space for his linemates. He's playing a straight-line game. #Sabres

Bylsma - when he's using his size and getting to the net. he's the most effective for his teammates #Sabres

Bylsma - Ennis has had a number of good skates over the past few days. No timetable on him but hopefully he'll be back soon #Sabres

Bylsma - Gorges hurt his hip in Boston game. He'll be out about 7 days #Sabres

Bylsma - Kulikov is progressing with his back injury. Hope to see him back on the ice some time this week #Sabres

Bylsma - Carrier lost 13 pounds while he was sick, but he's regained the weight and hopefully he'll be ready to go #Sabres

Bylsma - Lehner is a big man. He's got the ability to throw some punches. He was ready to throw them with Byfuglien #Sabres

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I know he wants to get Sam in the top 6, but why mess with him when he's playing his best hockey of the year, and is one of the teams best players. Seems odd to me.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Hopefully we see more carrying the puck through the neutral zone like in the third period yesterday instead of dumping and chasing.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo

Carrier-ROR-Okposo is at like 60CF% on the season or something crazy like that. The line works.

I'm convinced now, thanks for the info.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Hopefully we see more carrying the puck through the neutral zone like in the third period yesterday instead of dumping and chasing.
I honestly can't imagine Bylsma wouldn't prefer they play the impassioned, quick, hard hitting kind of game they were playing in the third period the other day.

Call me stupid, but I wonder if "dump and chase" isn't something Bylsma is trying to hammer into these guys, but is rather being taught as a failsafe if they don't have any other option (no good plays to make) and they're just resorting to it too often... because the team has a tendency to take shifts/periods off and are frequently limited by the lack of talent on the roster (after the first 5-6 players or so, especially with injuries and whatnot).

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I honestly can't imagine Bylsma wouldn't prefer they play the impassioned, quick, hard hitting kind of game they were playing in the third period the other day.

Call me stupid, but I wonder if "dump and chase" isn't something Bylsma is trying to hammer into these guys, but is rather being taught as a failsafe if they don't have any other option (no good plays to make) and they're just resorting to it too often... because the team has a tendency to take shifts/periods off and are frequently limited by the lack of talent on the roster (after the first 5-6 players or so, especially with injuries and whatnot).

Since it's not allowed...

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
So when Ennis comes back, maybe we can roll 4 pretty decent lines? I wonder if that was the plan from the start ...

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
So optimistically, we're 8 pts behind boston with 4 games in hand. Win those 4 and we're tied. Also we're 9 pts behind philly for the 2nd wild card with 3 games in hand. Win those 3 puts us just 3pts out of a wild card. This game could be a 4pt swing. Regulation win tonight and we'll be 7pts back of philly for the WC with still 3 games in hand. So basically win tonight and all the games in hand and we're right back on the bubble for both a divisional playoff spot and/or a wild card. Need to go on a little run. Hopefully we're in the midst of one now.

Pessimistically (Realistically?), we'll lose tonight in regulation to philly and blow another opportunity to beat the teams we need to beat to climb the standings. Then boston will beat St. Louis and we'll be 10/11 pts back of boston/philly.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So optimistically, we're 8 pts behind boston with 4 games in hand. Win those 4 and we're tied. Also we're 9 pts behind philly for the 2nd wild card with 3 games in hand. Win those 3 puts us just 3pts out of a wild card. This game could be a 4pt swing. Regulation win tonight and we'll be 7pts back of philly for the WC with still 3 games in hand. So basically win tonight and all the games in hand and we're right back on the bubble for both a divisional playoff spot and/or a wild card. Need to go on a little run. Hopefully we're in the midst of one now.

Pessimistically (Realistically?), we'll lose tonight in regulation to philly and blow another opportunity to beat the teams we need to beat to climb the standings. Then boston will beat St. Louis and we'll be 10/11 pts back of boston/philly.

There are like 20 teams between us and Boston. Ok Im exaggerating, but still.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Gionta is having a very quiet good season. He leads this team in 5v5 P/60 and its not even close.

Yeah I don't like the look of Gionta with Jack initially, but I think Gionta is good at getting to the net and getting garbage goals.

They only have like 50 minutes on ice together. I think there's a good chance the CF is more of a product of ROR and Okposo, mostly ROR who has a positive corsi away from the other two.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
There are like 20 teams between us and Boston. Ok Im exaggerating, but still.

TB, FLA, and TOR are all between us and Boston. I'm not counting OTT because realistically they're ahead of Boston.

TB and FLA are 3 and 5 points ahead of us, but have played 3 more games. Toronto is 5 points ahead with no extra games played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad