Pre-Game Talk: 4 | Tiny vs Tiny | Oilers vs. Habs| 10.10.13. | 7:30 | Rexall | SNet-Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
It doesnt even matter how he plays , this is a cap world and we can not and should not be spending 5 mill on a player like hemsky

HE IS A GOOD PLAYER , I have always thought he would look good on the caps playing with Ov or playing on a bigger team down the middle that needs a playmaking winger for their sniping C

we just simply can not afford to keep him

That's the only thing that matters. Fans need to stop being infatuated with the names on the back. Calgary's getting the job done with relative nobodies. It's embarrassing that our team, even with all the skill in the world, can't even compete on a nightly basis.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Our management is dumb no doubt but not dumb enough to sign a 30 year old to an 8 year contract. I'd have no problems with a 2 or 3 year deal.

And regarding the so called "pouting" and "floating", you'd believe media speculation over a coach's actual words about a player? :shakehead Yep, this is Oil Country alright.

There are a few people who have an irrational, almost pathological hate of a guy who was the lone bright spot on this team for years. Its truly mind-boggling.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Have a bad feeling about this one. Montreals gonna come out hard after losing to the lames

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Our management is dumb no doubt but not dumb enough to sign a 30 year old to an 8 year contract. I'd have no problems with a 2 or 3 year deal.

And regarding the so called "pouting" and "floating", you'd believe media speculation over a coach's actual words about a player? :shakehead Yep, this is Oil Country alright.

Never overestimate the intelligence of the Oiler's brass.

Lowe/Mact are the same pairing that thought it would be wise to offer a 36 year old Nylander 5.5 million a year during the years they jointly ran the franchise into the ground, and just offered a huge, doomed to fail contract to Clarkson just a few months ago.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Never overestimate the intelligence of the Oiler's brass.

Lowe/Mact are the same pairing that thought it would be wise to offer a 36 year old Nylander 5.5 million a year during the years they jointly ran the franchise into the ground, and just offered a huge, doomed to fail contract to Clarkson just a few months ago.

And Toronto did the exact same thing...

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
We need to compete in the 1st period, not the 3rd. This team is coming off a back-to-back, jump on them and wear them down. I'm sick of seeing these guys float around until it's too late. Of course Monday was a great comeback but we're not going to do that every night.

Is Joensuu going to play tomorrow? Sure would be nice to get him back instead of Smyth..

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
We need to compete in the 1st period, not the 3rd. This team is coming off a back-to-back, jump on them and wear them down. I'm sick of seeing these guys float around until it's too late. Of course Monday was a great comeback but we're not going to do that every night.

Is Joensuu going to play tomorrow? Sure would be nice to get him back instead of Smyth..

He won't play tomorrow, the lines are posted in the line combo thread.

JJ will start skating with the team this week and hopefully back next week according to tweets

McDavid The Saviour

Oct 7, 2013
Montreal got beat in Calgary tonight so the Oil better be ready right off the hop tomorrow night. None of this waiting for the other team to dictate the pace!

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Montreal got beat in Calgary tonight so the Oil better be ready right off the hop tomorrow night. None of this waiting for the other team to dictate the pace!

Usually when a team plays 2 in 2 nites they have the fresher legs in the 1st period, 2nd and 3rd different story.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Really got to win this one, Montreal on the back end of a road double header. Got to think we will come out flying after monday's big win.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
This game is going to tell us a lot about this team. This is classically a game we should win but lose instead......

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
:help: Give me a break.The Ripping on Hemsky here is ridiculous, the guy has put up 455pts in 600 games as an Oiler mind you, while the team has been brutal. He's always gone up against top D and still produced, he could easily be a ppg this year and will be invaluable when the Oilers make the playoffs. Trading him if we have the cap space would be a huge mistake, plus he's one of the few guys who has always wanted to be here. You don't just cut and run on guys like that,

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Calgary now reminds me of the late 90's/early 2000 Oilers. Not much for skill but got by on hard work.

It's way too early to say that. I still see the Flames burning out during the season. They just don't have the staff to keep this up. We were the top team in the league a couple of Octobers ago and we know how that ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad