GDT: #4| Thu., Sep. 21, 7:00 pm ET |Flyers at Boston| NHL Network, NESN | 97.5 The Fanatic

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
STATISTICS AND OFFICIAL ROSTERS

FLYERS' ROSTER

FORWARDS

11 Travis Konecny
14 Sean Couturier
17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl
28 Claude Giroux
36 Colin McDonald
51 Valtteri Filppula
54 Oskar Lindblom
58 Taylor Leier
64 Nolan Patrick
40 Jordan Weal
93 Jakub Voracek

DEFENSE

03 Radko Gudas
09 Ivan Provorov
47 Andrew MacDonald
48 Robert Hagg
50 Sam Morin
57 Travis Sanheim

GOALIES

37 Brian Elliott
49 Alex Lyon

Possible lines and pairings per John Boruk:
54-28-93
40-51-17
12-14-11
58-64-36

9-47
50-48
57-3
===================

BRUINS' ROSTER (and lines and pairings from today's skate)

FORWARDS

Noel Acciari
Kenny Agostino
Patrice Bergeron
Anders Bjork
Anton Blidh
Colby Cave
Jesse Gabrielle
Danton Heine
Joona Koppanen
Brad Marchand
Riley Nash
Zach Senyshyn
Ryan Spooner

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Agostino - Spooner - Heinen
Gabrielle - Nash - Acciari
Blidh - Cave - Senyshyn
Koppanen

DEFENSE

Brandon Carlo
Zdeno Chara
Connor Clifton
Tommy Cross
Matt Grzelcyk
Jeremy Lauzon
Paul Postma

Chara – Carlo
Grzelcyk – Cross
Lauzon – Postma

GOALIES

Tuukka Rask
Malcolm Subban

===================

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS' 2017 PRESEASON SCHEDULE (subject to changes)
Date | Opponent | Result | Arena, Location | Television | Home Radio | Time (ET)
Sun Sep. 17| at NYI| L 3-2 OT| Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (Uniondale, NY) |NYI's official website |97.5 The Fanatic | 1:00 pm
Wed Sep 20| vs. NYI (SS)| W 3-2 OT| PPL Center (Allentown, PA) | TCN | 97.5 The Fanatic | 7:00 pm
Wed Sep 20| at NYI (SS)| L 3-2| Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY) |No broadcast|24/7 | 7:00 pm
Thu Sep 21| at Boston |L 2-1 OT |TD Garden (Boston, MA) | NHL Network, NESN | 97.5 The Fanatic | 7:00 pm
Mon Sep 25| at NYR| |Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) | MSG | 97.5 The Fanatic | 7:00 pm
Tue Sep 26|vs. NYR| |Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | NHL Network, TCN, MSG |97.5 The Fanatic | 7:00 pm
Thu Sep 28|vs. Boston | |Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | TCN * |97.5 The Fanatic | 7:00 pm
Sun Oct 1| vs. NYI| |Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | NHL Network, TCN| 97.5 The Fanatic | 5:00 pm

*The Flyers and NHL sites show the Sep 28 game on TCN, however, the broadcast schedule released by the Flyers shows CSN as the network. That could be a change to TCN.

REMINDER: Do not post any streams or links to unauthorized sites. Do not inquire in any public thread about such streams either. Thank you.

Last edited:

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
As regards the defense, I'm hoping to see Sanheim and Myers get as many chances as possible in the next week as it seems like Morin and Hägg are approaching lock territory.

Assuming the NHL guys play this one, maybe something like:

Provorov - Amac (kill me)
Sanheim - Gudas
Ghost - Myers

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There is an optional skate Thursday morning (today) in Voorhees.

Roster cuts are expected to be announced today.

Brian Elliott is likely to play tonight (from Sam Carchidi's Twitter)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tonight's lineup
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...me-vs-bruins--philadelphia-flyers/c-291230554

FORWARDS

11 Travis Konecny
14 Sean Couturier
17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl
28 Claude Giroux
36 Colin McDonald
51 Valtteri Filppula
54 Oskar Lindblom
58 Taylor Leier
64 Nolan Patrick
40 Jordan Weal
93 Jakub Voracek

DEFENSEMEN

03 Radko Gudas
09 Ivan Provorov
47 Andrew MacDonald
48 Robert Hagg
50 Sam Morin
57 Travis Sanheim

GOALTENDERS

37 Brian Elliott
49 Alex Lyon

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
That's a strong line-up, can't wait to see Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds etc again and Patrick / Lindblom next to them. Hopefully Morin and Sanheim are gonna have great game.

This should be Bruins line-up tonight:

Forwards: Noel Acciari, Kenny Agostino, Patrice Bergeron, Anders Bjork, Anton Blidh, Colby Cave, Jesse Gabrielle, Danton Heinen, Joona Koppanen, Brad Marchand, Riley Nash, Zach Senyshyn, Ryan Spooner

Defensemen: Brandon Carlo, Zdeno Chara, Connor Clifton, Tommy Cross, Matt Grzelcyk, Jeremy Lauzon, Paul Postma

Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Malcolm Subban

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If we have most of the possibly starting line up, we should win this easily.

Whats funny is it never seems to happen that way :laugh: I remember the past few years where we would dress the A squad and play against another teams AHL/Prospects and either barely win or lose. People usually freak out also :laugh:. Like most of preseason I think the vets just try to get their feet wet without pushing very hard.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Whats funny is it never seems to happen that way :laugh: I remember the past few years where we would dress the A squad and play against another teams AHL/Prospects and either barely win or lose. People usually freak out also :laugh:. Like most of preseason I think the vets just try to get their feet wet without pushing very hard.
It's not about the win or vets. It's about the kids and how they play.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hak seemed to confirm one line will be:

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek

Also said Giroux will play some wing at some point this preseason.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
My guess for tonight..

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl-Couts-Konecny
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
Mcdonald-Fillpula-Leier

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
It would be sweet if Morin, Hagg, Sanheim all made the roster. That would mean Manning is the 7th d-man and Amac is gone.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
They would have to be very confident in the youth for 3 new NHL defenders. 82 games is nothing to sneeze at for people that haven't done it.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It would be sweet if Morin, Hagg, Sanheim all made the roster. That would mean Manning is the 7th d-man and Amac is gone.

I think that's what we'd all like to see. But I don't think Hextall's quite ready to swing the pendulum that far. Hoping his hand gets forced.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Is nhl gamecenter showing it?

I don't know if the Gamecenter app itself is showing it (my gamecenter website link has no schedule posted), but it does appear on my rogers guide for tonight within the super sports pak channel range..

On that note, I had a free NHL Gamecenter subscription last year on a bundle promo, but this year it's expired.. (edit: looks like my subscription might be valid this season again - yay! It shows the game tonight on schedule, but when I attempt to view a preview or yesterdays game, it says to wait and come back later....)

Fellow Canadian flyers fans, what do you use to watch?? GC last year was kind of spotty via my playstation, generally good audio/video quality, but brutal interface and issues with the fast forward and rewind functions... It would sometimes skip past an entire period, or go right to the end of a game and spoil it for me.

Thoughts or suggestions??

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad