LeBrun: 4 teams have kicked tires on Pacioretty

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If he's signed to a reasonable extension his value would be much higher. Look at what Nash got with an expiring contract.

I’m not saying he’s not worth it. I’m saying it would be a mistake for the Kings to do it.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
If Montreal wants a first round pick we can give them the 9 overall pick in 2003 plus Brodz and Tobias Rieder for Patches.lol

IMG_2397.JPG

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I for one would love to see patches on our team. The guy is very similar to Jeff Carter production wise, plays a two way game, can skate and can also fill the net. He is exactly what the Kings need but due to past circumstances and our team being burned given up first round picks for rental players this is a very hard sell for LA fans.

Most our Fanbase can't agree whether we go for it and sell out for a two-year cup chase while our core stars are still in their prime or to break it down now and recoup prospects and picks.

If we could aquire him with out giving up Vilardi or next years first round pick I think fans would be excited.

I just don't think Montreal and LA make good trade partners at this time due to our lack of prospect depth and your lack of centers.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Maybe the Kings are waiting for the return expectations to go down. Like today there was no Max deal. I mean he’s not staying.. we all know that! Maybe the hold out is for a sign & trade.
Or perhaps the Kings were waiting on JT news and will move on trading Toffoli and a Dman to clear cap space for Doughty’s new deal. If we get JT we can start moving lesser but still skilled pieces for our kids to move up and get slotted appropriately.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Maybe the Kings are waiting for the return expectations to go down. Like today there was no Max deal. I mean he’s not staying.. we all know that! Maybe the hold out is for a sign & trade.
Or perhaps the Kings were waiting on JT news and will move on trading Toffoli and a Dman to clear cap space for Doughty’s new deal. If we get JT we can start moving lesser but still skilled pieces for our kids to move up and get slotted appropriately.

I'd guess they were waiting on Kovalchuk if anyone. By adding Kovalchuk the Kings don't have to subtract anyone which would be ideal in order to replenish our prospect pool.

Reactions: PuckTenderizingMeat

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Bergevin remains the author of the Habs misfortune. Last season, despite ample salary cap space, the Habs elected not to resign/extend Patches, which sent a clear signal that the Habs believed that Patches was in decline. Next, Bergevin misread the market at the TDL and failed to trade Patches, who promptly suffered an injury and further reduced his value. Next, Bergevin misread the offseason market by failing to take into account the availability of UFA scoring forwards (Kovy, Neil, etc.), who could be signed without giving up assets. To make matters worse, Hoffman, an established scorer with 2 years remaining on his contract, got traded for a song right before the draft. At that point, Bergevin was left with 2 bad choices-- trade Patches for what he can get now or keep Patches in hope that his trade value improves next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad