#4 Sudbury vs #5 Mississauga

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yet we’re still winning hockey games
Touché. “Skill” is often overrated, especially at this time of year. Pilons played a crucial role all year for the Wolves, they just have to watch they don’t cross the line....too often or at crucial times at least.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
It is the first round and the wolves could easily be down 2-1. The wolves will be eliminated in round 2!
But they aren’t down 2-1 Blanche, they aren’t. Cream rises to the top in a series bud. Every close series in history has one team saying could’ve, would’ve and or course, should’ve. Some grapes starting to sour down in trout land....

PS. A little trivia. What movie served as the inspiration for my opening statement?

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
But they aren’t down 2-1 Blanche, they aren’t. Cream rises to the top in a series bud. Every close series in history has one team saying could’ve, would’ve and or course, should’ve. Some grapes starting to sour down in trout land....

PS. A little trivia. What movie served as the inspiration for my opening statement?
No Sour Grapes here. Trout were sellers not buyers! You Finished 20pts ahead of us because of a good goalie! He will be in the AHL next year!
So Set your VHS for is final 6 games of his OHL career because it will be another 40 years before you have a goalie like that again! Byfield is Awesome but he will awesome be fast tracked out of the OHL. As for movie trivia I will buy your VHS machine when you get a dvd player!
Ha Ha Ha :laugh:

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
No Sour Grapes here. Trout were sellers not buyers! You Finished 20pts ahead of us because of a good goalie! He will be in the AHL next year!
So Set your VHS for is final 6 games of his OHL career because it will be another 40 years before you have a goalie like that again! Byfield is Awesome but he will awesome be fast tracked out of the OHL. As for movie trivia I will buy your VHS machine when you get a dvd player!
Whats you're problem man? You've started so much shit with us for literally no other reason then being sour. Get you're broom out tonight, throw it on the ice for me

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ha I have both and the movie in question goes back way before VHS :)

OrganGrinder

Apr 2, 2018
The Pilon brothers are gritty but lack skill for OA'S.

I agree with this statement, our OA's this year were pretty weak offensively. The Pilon's bring grit, and a great presence on the PK, but if we were going for it this year, they were not what was needed to bring us over the hump. Candella is basically a fourth forward when he is on the ice. I have never seen a defenseman playing below the hash marks as much as him.

That said, the Pilon's were great for this year, a year that quite honestly as been a complete surprise. The work ethic they bring is a joy to watch.

Reactions: STEEL33

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
Whats you're problem man? You've started so much **** with us for literally no other reason then being sour. Get you're broom out tonight, throw it on the ice for me
I have not started any ****. I stated an opinion and you don't agree! I just don't think the Wolves are constructed to go further than round 2!
I won't throw any brooms but I will go enjoy a Great game of OHL! I hope Sudbury wins it all because the community could use the positive boost. These boards are meant for stating viewpoints and having fun! I am an OHL FAN not a hater! We will see how your boys handle the 67's!

Reactions: hockeynorth

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I agree with this statement, our OA's this year were pretty weak offensively. The Pilon's bring grit, and a great presence on the PK, but if we were going for it this year, they were not what was needed to bring us over the hump. Candella is basically a fourth forward when he is on the ice. I have never seen a defenseman playing below the hash marks as much as him.

That said, the Pilon's were great for this year, a year that quite honestly as been a complete surprise. The work ethic they bring is a joy to watch.
OrganGrinder Love it a realistic opinion!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

Yeah I agree with this. For what the Pilon's are meant to bring they are among the best in the league (great 3rd liners to bring energy, elite on the PK, and still provide secondary scoring). You typically don't look for those roles to be filled by OAs but then again there isn't anything typical about this Wolves team considering the success we've had. We can only ever speculate on how the year would've been different with like Alan Lyszczarczyk's 71 pts + [insert run of the mill 45-50 point OA player here].

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Lazer has been great here in the 905, but the OA situation is usually a numbers game. I picked him to score the winner tonight, see what happens. I am 100 percent when predicting Birthdays so I can't be wrong! :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad