Sun. Mar. 31
Sby @ Miss 2pm

Mon. Apr. 1
Miss @ Sby 7:05pm

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Wolves in 5. I feel really good about this matchup although I think the games will all be tight. Would've went with Wolves in 7 had we drew Peterborough. Last week I said in the Sudbury forum that I think we'd take care of any of the 5-8 teams in 6 of less but the Petes play of late has opened my mind to them being a pretty scary opponent. Missy's recent play has left quite a bit to be desired, but anything can happen in the playoffs so we'll see.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
This could be a close matchup, but, Mississauga isn’t playing that well of late and I think if Sudbury can take care of business at home in games 1 and 2, there isn’t a lot of time for the Steelheads to regroup before game 3. I’m predicting Wolves in 5.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I see the Wolves prevailing in 6, series may have some more twists then the drive between the two places.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Taking wolves in 7 here, will be closer then most are giving it credit for.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Wolves in 7. If there was to be an upset in round 1 this would be it. When Mississauga was rolling they looked real good but perhaps they peaked a month early. However it showed what they are capable of, saying that Sudbury has more game breakers & a stud in net. Should be a dandy opening round match up.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
pilon out two games could change things. Either we miss him big the first two, or he comes in like an angry pitbull after that

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
pilon out two games could change things. Either we miss him big the first two, or he comes in like an angry pitbull after that
Fortunately he won’t miss the road games but yes that will throw a wrench in the lines a bit. Both of those guys have to use their heads.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
To state the obvious, if the Wolves and Ukko can play the type of hockey that led to their great season in the playoffs, I think we can agree most will give them the edge. As for how many games it would take, I’m hesitant to call. Anywhere from five to seven is possible in my mind though I’ll be optimistic and call it in five, just because Ukko can be so dominant.
If it sounds somewhat confused it’s primarily because Im considering the lack of playoff experience on the Wolves and how they handle the pressure. Other factors are the Wolves lack of success on the power play and frankly discipline.
As far as Missy, we haven’t seen them for awhile so it will take me a game or two to assess them. I read they’re an extremely hard working bunch with a goalie who can step up. Also think Alan L could be a thorn in the Wolves side as he has been their best player against us (and likely other teams) all year.
Juxtaposed against this is my thought that the Wolves fueled by a big, boisterous crowd, will be an extremely motivated team. Counting down the days.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Sudbury is the wild card in the playoffs if you ask me. They have the best tender in the league imo. If he gets hot look out

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
For the Steelheads, if Carter, Ham, McHugh and Wells miss extended time in this series they are finished. Carter and Ham especially have been effective but McHugh's speed and tenacity would be perfect against the Wolves. Wells is solid on the backend and their other depth defencemen have been unable to step up in his absence

Reactions: Tarantula

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
What had happened to Levin? I missed it. Should give the Wolves even more power
Levin has had a history of injuries. He suffered a bad knee injury last year that kept him out for quite awhile. This season, he retaliated after taking a hit and got a suspension. What was strange was that he never came back and had injured his knee. It may have happened in practice and I’m not sure whether it’s the same knee.
For what it’s worth, I heard it was in practice and it was the other knee. Maybe someone else can clarify.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
3 games in 3 days? Who the heck made this schedule?

Yeah it makes no sense. The Sudbury Five play tomorrow which is why we needed the back-to-back, but Missy's arena appears to be free Monday night, so there was no need for the 3 in 3.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yeah it makes no sense. The Sudbury Five play tomorrow which is why we needed the back-to-back, but Missy's arena appears to be free Monday night, so there was no need for the 3 in 3.

No basketball game on Monday with the 905 Raptors, but maybe something else has the place booked, don't know. Maybe they wanted to avoid a week night game if possible. Not a schedule I wanted to see, but as they say, it is what it is.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The Pilon brothers are gritty but lack skill for OA'S.
You’d be surprised, they’ve scored some nice goals and shown some surprisingly good hands at times this year. They may not be highly skilled offensively but they’ve been invaluable in a defence, shut down role.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
You’d be surprised, they’ve scored some nice goals and shown some surprisingly good hands at times this year. They may not be highly skilled offensively but they’ve been invaluable in a defence, shut down role.
I am not undermining their work but compared to all the playoff contenders OA's they certainly near the bottom!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad