Post-Game Talk: 4 straight wins against Texas sports teams in the span of a month: Leafs win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

texashockeyguy

Mar 20, 2012
Kadri and Benn

Stars fan. And I have to admit I was furious with Kadri's dives. We don't really have any that do that on our team now, but as a former Modano (he was one of the best at one time) fan, I admit diving is just part of hockey. And Kadri is one of the best at it. For Benn I think what drives him insane is that he plays the game the right way. Hard and heavy. Plus we hit the iron like 4 times last night. Bottom line, guys like Kadri will continue to "embellish" calls until the NHL does something. He isn't alone. Malkin is a poster child for this.

I suspect the love tap the groin was just to send a little message that the diving wasn't appreciated. It's a long season. We get you guys again in a couple weeks. Maybe then we can break this damn Toronto curse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
A change you should be happy about: Rielly has now eclisped Dion.
He plays the most, scores goals, and played well against the defending Art Ross winner.

Dion being the best he has been in years, basically means he's plays less. He plays on a lesser pair.

Congrats to Boyes on scoring finally, and beating the longest between drafting, and scoring your first goal for that team, by 4 days.
Andy Frost is going to have to use that phrase "first Leaf goal, first Leaf point" a lot in the next couple of years. Maybe even 3 or more times in a night.

The other changing of the guard, though improbable was Reimer taking the reins from Bernier. I know it could be short lived, but he played well, faced a lot of shots, and gets far more goal support.
Now Bernier is out and Bibeau is up...its not a positive beginning.

What if Bibeau comes in, and steals the show?

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Anyone watch the Steve Simmons Video on TSN: "Do advanced stats mean anything for Leafs?"
When asked about who is in the leafs longterms plans? He is asked why he did not include Kadri he says "Just watch the games! Kadri likely won't finish the season with the Leafs!" Just WOW.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Anyone watch the Steve Simmons Video on TSN: "Do advanced stats mean anything for Leafs?"
When asked about who is in the leafs longterms plans? He is asked why he did not include Kadri he says "Just watch the games! Kadri likely won't finish the season with the Leafs!" Just WOW.

Simmons is an idiot. lol at him using a one game sample size for trying to discredit corsi and "fancy stats". Simmons is as ignorant as it gets.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
What I don't understand is why they've got such a hate against the Leafs and Leaf fans.

My guess is because no matter how bad the Leafs are, no matter how disinterested the fans might look at a game the Leafs aren't going anywhere.

They were a small arena struggled to sellout but those that went breathed Jets but it wasn't enough. They look at a team whose made the playoffs once in 10-12 years, are about to start another painful rebuild and still make the most money I suspect that stings some of the old guard a little.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Stars fan. And I have to admit I was furious with Kadri's dives. We don't really have any that do that on our team now, but as a former Modano (he was one of the best at one time) fan, I admit diving is just part of hockey. And Kadri is one of the best at it. For Benn I think what drives him insane is that he plays the game the right way. Hard and heavy. Plus we hit the iron like 4 times last night. Bottom line, guys like Kadri will continue to "embellish" calls until the NHL does something. He isn't alone. Malkin is a poster child for this.

I suspect the love tap the groin was just to send a little message that the diving wasn't appreciated. It's a long season. We get you guys again in a couple weeks. Maybe then we can break this damn Toronto curse.

Could you elaborate on which penalties against Kadri were dives? Each one had a Stars player doing something they should get a penalty for.

To me it looks like you're a blind Stars homer. Just speaking as a generic human male and not a Leafs fan, no possible shot to the nuts can be considered a "love tap".

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014

:laugh:

What did I just read?

Benn does not play game the right way. Spearing other players is not called playing the right way. So please pass on whatever you are smoking right now.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

Get over it. Nobody is diving. Kadri keeps his feet moving and actually has horrible balance. What proof do you have that he dove? Oh, right feelings. So Kadri noobed your team and he hurt your feelings. Sick of people and their idiotic biases. It's what ruins the world. Dude, you're ruining the world with your posts. Think about that. Now go get a hug and you'll feel better.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
What I don't understand is why they've got such a hate against the Leafs and Leaf fans.

Yeah honestly blows my mind.
It's not even the Montreal/Ottawa kind of hate or the Vancouver "we're too good to care about Toronto" vibe. It's just flat out classless behaviour towards the Leafs and the fans.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Get over it. Nobody is diving. Kadri keeps his feet moving and actually has horrible balance. What proof do you have that he dove? Oh, right feelings. So Kadri noobed your team and he hurt your feelings. Sick of people and their idiotic biases. It's what ruins the world. Dude, you're ruining the world with your posts. Think about that. Now go get a hug and you'll feel better.
One of my favourite things in the world is reading stuff like this online and imagining two people standing face to face in a room and actually talking to one another like that

mikebel111*

I think Stars will callapse now.
When you have idiots like Ben, your not winning a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad