News Article: 4 Senators Set for Breakout Seasons in 2020-21

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
2020-21 Can’t Come Soon Enough

While hockey fans from far and wide wait for further direction and clarification regarding the start of training camp and the 2020-21 campaign, you can almost feel the excitement surrounding the Senators. This is a team that’s been building for a little while, and who have several key players chomping at the bit to get going. They’re young, eager, and ready to (hopefully) make some noise in an ever-changing Atlantic Division alongside their arch-rivals Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs. White, Paul, Reilly, and Brown are just tipping the iceberg as to how good they can be, and are ready to steal the show next season. We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

BY DOMENIC LUNARDO

https://thehockeywriters.com/senators-breakout-2020-21-white-paul-reilly/

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I wouldn’t be betting my life savings on a breakout season from a 27 year old defenseman with 200+ NHL games played over 7 seasons.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
A breakout for Reilly I guess would entail 25+ points, 19+ mins a game, and establishing himself as an everyday DMan? I wouldnt count on it but who knows. I'm still hoping we trade him for Russell and let Hainsey walk.

Brown, imo, has already broken out. The challenge will be for him to sustain his play. Paul can maybe bring a bit more consistency, but I dont think theres much room for growth there, either.

White, of course, will need a big year to prove his salt.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What strange choices for the article.

White I hope can round in to something worth his salary.

Paul, Reilly and Brown though, I expect them to basically just fill a roster spot for a couple years until they're replaced. Brown would be the one with potential, but I just don't think it happens.

Not exactly the players Ottawa Senators fans are watching with much anticipation or expectations.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad