Post-Game Talk: (4) Providence Bruins vs (1) Charlotte Checkers - Providence eliminated

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
would be nice if they can at least force a game 5. not expecting much.
who's your black aces group?
Mine?
Frederic, Studnicka, Blidh, Hughes
Lauzon, Zboril, Zech, Vaakanainen
Vladar
Definitely different than who Sweeney's going to pick,his will include Senyshyn, JFK and a bunch of old farts

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mine?
Frederic, Studnicka, Blidh, Hughes
Lauzon, Zboril, Zech, Vaakanainen
Vladar
Definitely different than who Sweeney's going to pick,his will include Senyshyn, JFK and a bunch of old farts

Well also have to factor who has nhl deal. So I can't see Zach staying.

I would expect Frederick, jfk, and Carey at forward. Maybe they keep studnicka around to learn, but he'll never play.

On defense i assume it will be Lauzon and zboril. Maybe Vaak, but they may prefer he goes home gets healthy, and works on physical training

Reactions: Rumpy

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Well also have to factor who has nhl deal. So I can't see Zach staying.

I would expect Frederick, jfk, and Carey at forward. Maybe they keep studnicka around to learn, but he'll never play.

On defense i assume it will be Lauzon and zboril. Maybe Vaak, but they may prefer he goes home gets healthy, and works on physical training
I forgot Carey, he's in
Vaakanainen has missed so much time maybe the extra practice sessions do him good, or they send him home and hopefully he puts on some weight

BruinsNetwork

Already overachieved winning 1 game. Not much prospective NHL talent on baby Bs sadly.

How do you figure? What about Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen, Senyshyn, Frederic and JFK? They’re not “prospective NHL talent?”

That’s without mentioning guys who will take a couple more years like Hughes and Zech, both of which look like NHL-caliber talents.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’ve got a shit ton of prospective NHL talent. They don’t have a shit ton of prospective elite talent. I think a lot of them are gonna be players in the league for awhile

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Already overachieved winning 1 game. Not much prospective NHL talent on baby Bs sadly.
There's talent, certainly didn't show it last night though
I suspect the boss will cull the herd a bit,some just for picks to reset the developmental timeline and some hopefully for organizational need
Also there's not 1 vet I'd re sign (Carey and Szwartz excluded) would love to get Cross and ROG back but that's me.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Keyser joins the team!

Any chance they play him? I would think potentially considering its a best of 5 and its 2-1 bad guys right?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Speaking of Cooper Zech, was dis his deal end up being? Was it a PTO with AHL 2 way starting next season or something else?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Keyser joins the team!

Any chance they play him? I would think potentially considering its a best of 5 and its 2-1 bad guys right?

I highly doubt they would play Keyser, and for the reason you highlighted. It's a best of 5 and they're down 2-1. No reason to throw a rookie goaltender in there with zero experience.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I highly doubt they would play Keyser, and for the reason you highlighted. It's a best of 5 and they're down 2-1. No reason to throw a rookie goaltender in there with zero experience.
McIntyre was called up to Boston today, and Vladar is dealing with an injury.

I'm assuming McIntyre is sent down once the series shifts to CBJ before Friday.

If he isn't though, there's a chance for Keyser to play.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
seems like it'd either be keyser in game 4, or mcintyre in game 4 and keyser takes his place as the 3rd boston goalie.
i'd like to see keyser get the call. what do they have to lose at this point?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
seems like it'd either be keyser in game 4, or mcintyre in game 4 and keyser takes his place as the 3rd boston goalie.
i'd like to see keyser get the call. what do they have to lose at this point?

I believe that if Vladar wasn't injured, Keyser would have been brought up to Boston. Not that he would have ever played in a game, but just to be around the team and see what the playoff atmosphere is like at the NHL level.

My own belief is don't start game 4 with Providence. Let him soak it all up and absorb everything. Kid has been shell shocked in the OHL playoffs and more then held his own. After stoning Niagara, it was going to be tougher against Ottawa. I think his teammates let him down. When you are outshot 163-99 in four games and couldn't muster enough offense against Michael DiPietro who has struggled throughout the playoffs, the writing was on the wall.

By his own admission, Keyser gave a ton of credit to Rask and Halak for "teaching" last summer and prepared him for this season. What better time is there then the NHL playoffs to see how a goaltender prepares.

BruinsNetwork

Personally, I think Keyser should get to start Game 4 against Charlotte. Vladar got dinged up before the game last night and McIntyre is Boston’s No. 3 goalie right now, although that doesn’t matter much.

Aside from the logistics, the goaltending just hasn’t been good in Providence this year— McIntyre specifically.

Let’s throw Keyser into the fire and see what the kid has got. I seriously think he would play well and give the P-Bruins a chance to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad