Pre-Game Talk: 4-Game Road Trip

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We’ve already played the first game against Calgary but we have three more games to play, two in Canada against Edmonton (Fri) and Vancouver (Sat) before heading south to play against Colorado (Tue).
Now we’ve already wasted 2 points and we can’t really afford to waste anymore (though with this team you know we will).

I’m curies about which goalie will play which day this weekend, I’m hoping that Vasy will play Friday and then Bishop will play on Saturday but Coop likes to go against what I think so I bet it will be the other way around.

Last year we went on the same trip pretty early in the season and guys were dropping like flies to injuries and we already saw Cally getting hurt in the game against Calgary but according to twitter he was moving fine so guess we’ll see if he plays or not and then hope for the best when it comes to the rest of the team.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
This gif perfectly summarizes how I now approach Lightning games.

9202770.gif

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If we win these 3 and then play .600 hockey for the rest of the season we'd end with 95 points. Based on last year that would put us 3 points out of a wildcard spot. So we need to at least do that. Now raise your hand if you think we can go 26-17.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If we win these 3 and then play .600 hockey for the rest of the season we'd end with 95 points. Based on last year that would put us 3 points out of a wildcard spot. So we need to at least do that. Now raise your hand if you think we can go 26-17.

It bugs me when people say "Oh, just win 6 or 7 in a row and you're right back in it". Ok, IF we get molten hot and win 6 games in a row, that isn't enough. 6 wins in a row gets us back in the moshpit of teams, but then we have to continue winning to stay with them. Our odds of making the playoffs are now down to 43.7%. Even going 24-14-4 the rest of the way only gives us an 85.2% chance of making the playoffs. To have a 100% chance of making the playoffs, we need to go at least 26-11-5. Good luck.:laugh:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
4 out of 6 points, not terrible but I felt that we could have gotten all 6 if they had been playing better.

I know we probably didn’t deserve those bounces going our way in the game against Edmonton since the team wasn’t playing great however this guy did deserve them and I’m happy for him that he got them:
11imqtx.jpg

I also can’t help but remember all the times when we’ve been on the receiving end of an unlucky bounce, like MSL’s goal in the first game against NYR last season when his shoot went of Garrison’s skate (though we still won that game) and then of course it was the last game against FLA where we actually played well and lead the SOG but they scored on a lucky break with like a minute left.

Now it’s only the Avs left and that’s another team we haven’t played well against on the road, like last year it was one of the teams worst game of the season though I think it was the 2nd of a b2b. I dunno, the Avs have been playing really well lately so it will be a tough test.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We're 3 points behind Montreal with one game in hand. It's the perfect moment to go on a streak, don't let us down guys !

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like JAM might be back tomorrow, nothing on anything else or who might sit:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Well, pretty good road trip. Got lucky in Edmonton but last night was great. We're now sitting on the 1st wild card spot too.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
It bugs me when people say "Oh, just win 6 or 7 in a row and you're right back in it". Ok, IF we get molten hot and win 6 games in a row, that isn't enough. 6 wins in a row gets us back in the moshpit of teams, but then we have to continue winning to stay with them. Our odds of making the playoffs are now down to 43.7%. Even going 24-14-4 the rest of the way only gives us an 85.2% chance of making the playoffs. To have a 100% chance of making the playoffs, we need to go at least 26-11-5. Good luck.:laugh:

had to bump this love you man:)

you called it wonder what happened in that room after the calgary game

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
had to bump this love you man:)

you called it wonder what happened in that room after the calgary game

Guys why can't we score we lead the nhl in goals last year!!! Shoot the puck stop getting fancy!! We are to good to be playing this way! Idk but something crazy changed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad