Line Combos: 4 forwards on the PP?

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Also can we please stop pretending that changing up the PP units is going to fix anything.

We have tried every combination possible out there.

It's blatantly clear that the people out there aren't the problem.

Schalkenullvier*

Also can we please stop pretending that changing up the PP units is going to fix anything.

We have tried every combination possible out there.

It's blatantly clear that the people out there aren't the problem.

of course they are the problem. Re-shuffling doesn't work because on the whole roster we got two players that are good on the powerplay, a rookie defenseman and a forward who is 42 years old and has one game left as a bruin. The rest all suck with the man advantage.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
of course they are the problem. Re-shuffling doesn't work because on the whole roster we got two players that are good on the powerplay, a rookie defenseman and a forward who is 42 years old and has one game left as a bruin. The rest all suck with the man advantage.

Let's see.

Krejci
Lucic
Chara
Horton
Marchand
Seguin
Bergeron
Kaberle
Corvo
Hamilton
Jagr
Seidenberg
Boychuk
Ference
Peverley
Redden
Recchi

Should I go on? We have used tons of players on the PP for the past 4 years...what have we got each time? The same ****** results....what is the common denominator over all the years?

THE COACHING.

You can choose to ignore it all you want. Doesn't make it any less true.

Schalkenullvier*

Let's see.

Krejci
Lucic
Chara
Horton
Marchand
Seguin
Bergeron
Kaberle
Corvo
Hamilton
Jagr
Seidenberg
Boychuk
Ference
Peverley
Redden
Recchi

Should I go on? We have used tons of players on the PP for the past 4 years...what have we got each time? The same ****** results....what is the common denominator over all the years?

THE COACHING.

not one of those players has gamebreaking skill except oj jagr who is a thousand years old. That's one common denominator. I'd rather fire Claude's ass today than tomorrow, but let's not pretend we've had any special skill out there. Give that group to any other coach and the results will be the same.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
not one of those players has gamebreaking skill except oj jagr who is a thousand years old. That's one common denominator. I'd rather fire Claude's ass today than tomorrow, but let's not pretend we've had any special skill out there. Give that group to any other coach and the results will be the same.

I'm not sure you understand how PPs work. You don't need "gamebreaking skill" to have a successful PP. :laugh:

Schalkenullvier*

I'm not sure you understand how PPs work. You don't need "gamebreaking skill" to have a successful PP. :laugh:

you need skill. Name one guy on that list who is good on the PP except Jagr. In fact, name three because a PP isn't gonna work because you add Kaberle. And dont argue ****ing semantics. You're an apologist to the players if you blame it all on the coaching. That's what blind fans do because changing the coach is easier than changing the players, so they tell themselves with a new coach it will all be better. The fact of the matter is, all these players are terrible with the man advantage.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's gotten to the point where I wouldn't mind playing all of our depth players on the PP to give our best players more rest for 5-on-5 situations.

xpat1313x

Jan 7, 2004
Middleboro, Ma
Visit site
The big problem I see on the power play is that it's seemingly overcoached. They re constantly looking to use set plays and never mixing it up, once other teams see that you try to do the same couple of things they coach their players to it and shut it down. They just need to simplify things.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
It's gotten to the point where I wouldn't mind playing all of our depth players on the PP to give our best players more rest for 5-on-5 situations.

I've seen Campbell out there at least two games, might as well bring out Thorts and The Pail too.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Let's see.

Krejci
Lucic
Chara
Horton
Marchand
Seguin
Bergeron
Kaberle
Corvo
Hamilton
Jagr
Seidenberg
Boychuk
Ference
Peverley
Redden
Recchi

THE COACHING.

They even had a Yeti out there and it still didn't work.

Everytime there's a conversation about our inept powerplay I can't help but swear under my breath at Matt bleepin Cooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad