40 Jordan Weal | 51 Valtteri Filppula | 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise | 19 Nolan Patrick | 11 Travis Konecny
20 Taylor Leier | 21 Scott Laughton | 12 Michael Raffl

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov | 47 Andrew MacDonald
53 Shayne Gostisbehere | 8 Robert Hagg
6 - Travis Sanheim | 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies
30 Michal Neuvirth | 37 Brian Elliott (starter)

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
15 Jori Lehterä (healthy scratch)
5 Sam Morin (healthy scratch)
23 Brandon Manning (healthy scratch)

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal

NASHVILLE PREDATORS
th

PREDATORS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines

Viktor Arvidsson - Ryan Johansen - Craig Smith
Filip Forsberg- Calle Jarnkrok -Kevin Fiala
Scott Hartnell - Nick Bonino - Pontus Aberg
Cody McLeod - Austin Watson - Miikka Salomaki

Pairings
Mattias Ekholm-Samuel Girard
Alexei Emelin P.K. Subban
Matt Irwin - Yannick Weber

Goalies
Pekka Rinne (starter) | Juuse Saros

PREDATORS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
Ryan Ellis (will not play, out 4-to-6 months from Sept. 1 with lower body injury)
Roman Josi (game-time decision, doubtful)
Colton Sissons (game-time decision, doubtful)

Anthony Bitetto (healthy scratch)
Cody McLeod (healthy scratch)

PREDATORS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Scott Hartnell, Ryan Johansen, Filip Forsberg, Roman Josi , P.K. Subban

2. Calle Jarnkrok, Nick Bonino, Craig Smith, Viktor Arvidsson, Mattias Ekholm
FUTURE SCHEDULE
Date
Game
Time (ET)
Television
Thursday, October 19
Nashville at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, FS-TN
Saturday, October 21
Edmonton at Philadelphia
1:00 pm
NBCSP, SNW
Tuesday, October 24
Anaheim at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, PRIME
Thursday, October 26​
Philadelphia at Ottawa​
7:30 pm​
RDS2, TSN5, NBCSP​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OPPOSITION'S MEDIA CONTACTS

Adam Vignan -- The Tennessean -- https://twitter.com/AdamVingan

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Them Bones" by Alice in Chains

Last edited:

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Habs fan coming in peace :nod:

Was wondering how N.Patrick looks so far?

Haven't really heard much about him since draft day.

demarco46

Orange & Black
Sep 12, 2009
Habs fan coming in peace :nod:

Was wondering how N.Patrick looks so far?

Haven't really heard much about him since draft day.

Guy has amazing vision. Always makes a smart play and finds himself to be in the right place. Can really tell why he was taken so high and made the roster. Watching him move around and distribute the puck is fantastic; is always making beautiful plays. Only thing is he needs to keep playing hockey to really get his feet going. The only thing he needs to improve on, would be that quick burst of speed to gain some immediate separation. Playing hockey will have him return to getting his feet under him.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Guy has amazing vision. Always makes a smart play and finds himself to be in the right place. Can really tell why he was taken so high and made the roster. Watching him move around and distribute the puck is fantastic; is always making beautiful plays. Only thing is he needs to keep playing hockey to really get his feet going. The only thing he needs to improve on, would be that quick burst of speed to gain some immediate separation. Playing hockey will have him return to getting his feet under him.

cool, sounds like you guys got a good one. Who can he be compared to, style wise? Anyone come to mind?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Really? I didn't think his defensive game was that sharp already. Kopitar is a great 2 way player. Staal would strike me as a goof comparison from what i'm reading though

It has been really noticeable (in preseason, too) that he is defensively conscientious. His wheels aren't back yet, and he'll never be a speed burner, but you can tell that he thinks a two-way game. He just looks very comfortable out there to me, like he belongs in the NHL now. And I'm definitely watching him without any bias - I don't have any specific expectations in mind for him at all (I wanted Nico bigtime before the draft, so I'm still mentally adjusting to having him instead, if that makes any sense).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Really? I didn't think his defensive game was that sharp already. Kopitar is a great 2 way player. Staal would strike me as a goof comparison from what i'm reading though

Well keep in mind Kopitars defensive game at 19 wasnt the same as when he began getting Selke noms. Patricks defensive game is really strong for his age, mainly because his IQ is outstanding.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Nice. Thanks for the responses guys.

Hopefully he pans out completely and becomes a great player for you guys. Need more of that Habs/Flyers rivalry in our lives :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
You're referring to the fact that he wasn't playing for most of last season due to the injury I take it. Just making it clear in case the poster who asked about him didn't know that.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Why is Morin sitting in the pressbox again. If Hakstok is not going to play big Sam, then send him to Lehigh Valley for some ice time.
Absolutely no need to sit Morin in the pressbox, what a waste.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Why is Morin sitting in the pressbox again. If Hakstok is not going to play big Sam, then send him to Lehigh Valley for some ice time.
Absolutely no need to sit Morin in the pressbox, what a waste.
Sam Carchidi:

Samuel Morin is practicing today but is soon expected to go to LV. He had an excellent trading camp. #Flyers

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Morin was so confident about making the team. Will be interesting to see how he handles this situation.
I'm not a fan of sending him down again, but there just is no spot for him on the team this year.

Won't surprise me if Hextall trades him for a pick or another prospect at some point. Montreal was very interested in him, weren't they?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Morin was so confident about making the team. Will be interesting to see how he handles this situation.
I'm not a fan of sending him down again, but there just is no spot for him on the team this year.

Won't surprise me if Hextall trades him for a pick or another prospect at some point. Montreal was very interested in him, weren't they?
Sure there is, Sanheim's spot. Crap at least try a rotation at least. The brass are afraid Sam is going to look to good:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad