Proposal: #4 dman rental to Anaheim

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
As each passing game goes, I am very confident in my ducks forward group. I love Perry on the 4th line for easier matchups ( and also because he can’t/won’t play defense and gets trapped on the ice ) henrique has fit in like a glove, and once Kase gets used to the tougher 1st line matchups we are just fine upfront. However, Kevin Bieksa continues to makes HUGE mistakes, he now seems to like to leave his defensive partner in tough positions by instantly touch passing it over when he feels the heat. I like the idea of Bieksa being a #7 going into the playoffs like he was last year. We have a lot of Defensive talent coming up and ready to play next season. I could also see us making an offer for Ryan Mcdonagh given he has next year left on his deal at under 5 million( LTIR eaves and that should be enough there cash wise ) Veteran guy who we know our GM would love. Given we have Pieces and draft picks to get er done. Although unlikely is R. Mcdonagh it could happen. But regardless something has to be done about keeping Bieksa out of our top 4.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Are the Ducks after a right or left shot D?

Canucks probably would listen to offers on Edler- 1 yr left, MDZ 1yr left, Hutton 1yr left Guddy UFA

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Jake gardener. He's not a rental but that's better for you guys because he's there an extra year.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Jeff Petry ? At 50% retained he'd be a bargain, but the cost would hurt. Think 1st round pick and solid prospect.

Otherwise, a guy like Jamie Benn can be serviceable at a low cost and wouldn't be as expensive to get in terms of assets.(maybe a 3d?)

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
We need a righty to pair with Fowler.

Ya UFA Gudbranson wont be a fit in my opinion.

Tanev, but that is a bold move the Canucks are unlikely to do even if we got a great offer. I personally think best move long term is to move Tanev. We wont be competitive during the rest of his deal why not get some good assets back.

But does Ana like Tanev and would they be willing to give up some good assets for him?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Jeff Petry ? At 50% retained he'd be a bargain, but the cost would hurt. Think 1st round pick and solid prospect.

Otherwise, a guy like Jamie Benn can be serviceable at a low cost and wouldn't be as expensive to get in terms of assets.(maybe a 3d?)

Jordie Benn, Jamie is untouchable in Dallas, probably not the best at playing D either

dman34

May 6, 2011
Does the dman have to be a rental?
If not, I'd be interested to hear what the Ducks would offer for Tanev? Signed for another 2 seasons after this one at a bargain $4.45M per. He'd look great beside Fowler.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
If not, I'd be interested to hear what the Ducks would offer for Tanev? Signed for another 2 seasons after this one at a bargain $4.45M per. He'd look great beside Fowler.
The top-4 moving forward will consist of Fowler, Lindholm, Manson and Montour, and we have guys like Larsson and Welinski pushing for spots as well sooner rather than later, so a rental just makes more sense, especially from a cost-perspective. No need to pay a premium to address a short-term need.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You guys know there is no way Carlyle is going to relegate Bieksa to the pressbox during the playoffs right?

Besides, given what we know about how BM handles TDL acquisitions, does anyone really think that they will spend the assets to get a rental top 4 D and then park 4M in the pressbox? Especially since it would most likely mean being without a 1st for a 2nd year in a row in a deep draft. Hardly BM's style.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

He just said rental and Jeff Petry sill has 3 years left so he's not a rental. And why would Petry wants to go to LA when he still has his home in Michigan that's why he chose to go to Montreal to be close to home.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I like Tanev a lot. Is he healthy right now? I’m not certain but he has/had been injured no? I would do ( and other duck fans wont agree with me) I would do a Montour for Tanev swap straight up. My logic being we get an immediate upgrade in actual defensive ability( guys like welinski and even mahura later on can replace him for next season )Giving us a

Lindholm/Manson
Fowler/Tanev
Beuchemin/Bieksa
and next season Larson replaces Bieksa and one of our other youngsters replace Beauchemin( unless he wants to sign another 1 year cheap deal. Cuz he’s been solid) Cuz I honestly feel that Montour is our next Vatanen in terms of a lot of defensive meltdowns and also a guy we try and trade later on anyways given that Lindholm/Fowler/Manson go nowhere and Larson is just a more reliable and cheaper/younger talent going forward.And then for #5/6 dman we will always have many of those readily available.Also it wouldn’t address the Bieksa situation, but it would however limit the big mistakes going forward ( that seem to come 80% of the time from Bieksa and the rest from Montour )

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad