Post-Game Talk: 4 December 2014 - YOUR Nashville Predators vs. St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
40 CONSECUTIVE HOME PP FAILURES!

There is no rationalizing that.

I'm glad we got Marty and not Jake Allen tonight ... the rust showed and it generated chances for us.

Wait....hold on here. The PP is struggling? Whew, thank goodness I stopped in the thread after the big win tonight to find that out. As always, great analysis after the game! :handclap:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The power play isn't even funny anymore. Our power play is the Edmonton Oilers of power plays. I just don't understand. I don't buy the Preds being a top tier, or perhaps even the tier below that, in this league until it's fixed.

That being said anytime our first line plays beastly like that it's a joy to watch. Also that Roman Josi guy is severely underrated. Dare I say he has been better than Weber this year......

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
The power play isn't even funny anymore. Our power play is the Edmonton Oilers of power plays. I just don't understand. I don't buy the Preds being a top tier, or perhaps even the tier below that, in this league until it's fixed.

That being said anytime our first line plays beastly like that it's a joy to watch. Also that Roman Josi guy is severely underrated. Dare I say he has been better than Weber this year......

I agree and disagree some nights Josi is better some nights Weber is better. Weber is just so good, you sometimes don't notice how much he holds his own.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Stathead Notes

Some stathead notes:
  • Nystrom's goal in the first was his 20th as a Predator. He is the 47th wearer of Nashville laundry to score 20 as a Pred.
  • Tarasenko is the first Predator opponent to be named one of the stars of the game twice this year. Prior to tonight, 28 different players from Nashville's opponents were named as a star of the game, without any one of them duplicated.
  • Jokinen watch: from a statistical standpoint, this was likely the worst game he's played so far this year. Nada in the way of scoring, no PIM's, 1 shot on goal with 2 attempts blocked, and 6 losses in the faceoff circle as opposed to 1 win.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Wait....hold on here. The PP is struggling? Whew, thank goodness I stopped in the thread after the big win tonight to find that out. As always, great analysis after the game! :handclap:

We remain a mid tier scoring team overall with bottom third PK and bottom sixth PP ... dead last PP at home. The goals allowed numbers took a small hit tonight, but we finally managed a ROW when allowing three.

Ellis and Ekholm were terrible.

Weber and Josi earned it tonight.

Loved Becks hustle.

1st line was great

Weber and Josi were exploited on the first Blues goal ... simple numbers and Josi was on the one guy not touching the puck while Weber was too far away to stop the play by Steen, and somehow nobody took Tarasenko of all people. After that, they had a good game.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The interesting thing between these two these thus far is both are near tops in the league for Goals against and both games have been high scoring and entertaining. Some things can not be explained.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
What a weird game. Momentum shifts galore. That last 2:50 was like hours.

And we get pie! Sweet, sweet pie.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
The power play isn't even funny anymore. Our power play is the Edmonton Oilers of power plays.

As hard as it might be to believe, there are worse power plays in the league. Only two, but there are worse ones. :D (Seriously, Buffalo is at 6.8%. I can't even imagine that.)

This game was so much better than the one on Tuesday. Better performance, better atmosphere, better opponent, better result. The first line carried the day with some spectacular work. Rinne had an up-and-down night but still made some tricky saves to keep the team ahead. A total defensive breakdown on Wilson's winner. (Oshie was the first guy back for them? How does that even happen?)

I'm with the consensus, this would make an unbelievable playoff series. These two teams genuinely do not like each other and play really hard against one another. Hard to believe we only have two more meetings against them.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
We remain a mid tier scoring team overall with bottom third PK and bottom sixth PP ... dead last PP at home. The goals allowed numbers took a small hit tonight, but we finally managed a ROW when allowing three.

Weber and Josi were exploited on the first Blues goal ... simple numbers and Josi was on the one guy not touching the puck while Weber was too far away to stop the play by Steen, and somehow nobody took Tarasenko of all people. After that, they had a good game.

He also got interfered with by Backes. There was contact and that's a penalty which wasn't called. Josi was trying to get to the puck carrier but couldn't because of a body moving forward at him which later physically moved him. Bad turnover in the neutral zone, no coverage by the forwards, great puck movement by the Blues forwards, interference on Backes and it led to a goal.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Man...PP aside, we are really good at home. It was also great to see FF get back to what he does best!

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Man, I don't know about you guys but I love those guitars with one, maybe two strings I can just pluck and pluck on.

Win is a win and it was against our closest rival in the standings and if you wanna focus on the negatives, it's a free country.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Guy sitting behind me was shouting "DECLINE THE POWER PLAY! NOOOO DECLINE IT!!!" Great game to be at and the Blues fans out and about were all pretty well behaved and friendly from what I saw in the arena and at Rippy's / P Park afterwards. I am so devastatingly hungover though :(

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Its December and we are first in the Division - third best NHL. Is Lavi's 'vast eternal plan' to have a crappy home PP forcing us to play better even strength? No matter, in this strange world, the three best teams are Tampa Bay, the Islanders and us.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
woohoo.........can't remember the last time we had a home game on my bday!!
And to beat the blues...:handclap:

didn't see many blues fans at all. was wonderful.

it wasn't me screaming decline the PP, but oh was I thinking it!

onward to Saturday..:D

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sorry I missed getting to see you before the game but glad you got the win. Birthday pie is pretty good, right!

I heard a lot of Blues fans. Not sure exactly where, but they were above and to my left. They got quieted down fairly quickly, which is always good.

I was thinking "Decline" as well. I wonder if people who don't follow football have any clue what people are talking about when we say that. Ha ha!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
There were like 25 Blues fans together in 304 at the very back. Generally fine people, though they brought a vuvuzela that was rather annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad