GDT: 4/9/15 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Actually, know what I just realized?

Ottawa plays in Philadelphia at 12:30 ET. If the Penguins win tomorrow, and Ottawa wins on Saturday, Boston is done even before puck drop. In that case, just scratch every one and avoid injury.

Only thing we'd have to play for is the division... don't know if we really want that though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Ottawa plays in Philadelphia at 12:30 ET. If the Penguins win tomorrow, and Ottawa wins on Saturday, Boston is done even before puck drop. In that case, just scratch every one and avoid injury.

We don't have healthy scratches at the moment. We're not healthy enough. We only have one remaining call-up. Everyone's playing right now because we don't have any other option.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Yeah, if that's the case if we could we should call up the whole Crunch team for that game...won't happen but one could wish we could since we know how the boons play.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Unfortunately, that's true. The thinking there is much more idealistic and not really practical. Still, don't engage the Bruins in their chicanery.

I'm not sure if it would work more in our favor for Ottawa to lose that game or win. If they lose, Boston will be interested in playing hockey, and will only goon it up if we break the game open. If Ottawa wins, Boston will either goon it up from the get go or just not show up whatsoever.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whether we take a banner or not is in as much the lowly Leafs' hands as our own. I just like the idea of ending the Bruins' season. I'm kind of hoping Ottawa loses so we get the chance to do it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Whether we take a banner or not is in as much the lowly Leafs' hands as our own. I just like the idea of ending the Bruins' season. I'm kind of hoping Ottawa loses so we get the chance to do it.

What a perfect way to wrap up the season before the playoffs knocking Boston out!

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm not even entirely sure the banner is worth it. This seems like a "lose battle/win war" kind of thing. While Pittsburgh nor NYI strike me as fearful in their given states, I said Detroit was the most favorable R1 matchup for the Lightning a few days ago and I'll stick right by that. I'm just fine facing them. And just imagine if Ottawa gets the first wild card? Tampa is the better team but, needless to say, Ottawa is running on some unholy form right now. Not too many teams can beat them right now.

EDIT: to elaborate further - Staples Center doesn't feature 2012 or 2014 Pacific Division banners. Somehow, I doubt LA fans care too much.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I want that ****ing banner. To be hung in our rafters for all eternity.

There are two other banners I'd like up there instead, but Three wouldn't be so bad either.

And then there is this, I can't do the math on it though:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm not even entirely sure the banner is worth it. This seems like a "lose battle/win war" kind of thing. While Pittsburgh nor NYI strike me as fearful in their given states, I said Detroit was the most favorable R1 matchup for the Lightning a few days ago and I'll stick right by that. I'm just fine facing them. And just imagine if Ottawa gets the first wild card? Tampa is the better team but, needless to say, Ottawa is running on some unholy form right now. Not too many teams can beat them right now.

My own thought is that Ottawa's going to hit a wall when the playoffs begin. They remind me a little of us last year. We went so hard for home ice that, when the playoffs came around, we were already pretty much spent.

I love their story, but I'm honestly thinking they have a quick exit because of how much energy they've poured into this stretch run.

(...Or maybe they're the new Norfolk Admirals... but I don't think so.)

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Tampa cannot play Boston in R1 because Boston can only be the #2 wild card (thus aligning with NY). They max out at 97 points. The Red Wings are sitting on 98 points now. Red Wings vs. Lightning is good as a done deal at this point.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There are two other banners I'd like up there instead, but Three wouldn't be so bad either.

And then there is this, I can't do the math on it though:

If we win the division we would knock Boston out of the playoffs. If we lose Saturday we stay at #2 and play Detroit.

Just to add, Only way we win the division is if Montreal loses in regulation and we win. If they win and we win, we are right back at #2, if we lose and they lose, same thing and play Detroit.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa cannot play Boston in R1 because Boston can only be the #2 wild card (thus aligning with NY). They max out at 97 points. The Red Wings are sitting on 98 points now. Red Wings vs. Lightning is good as a done deal at this point.

Boston can still finish at the #1 WC. It is a real long shot, Ottawa would have to lose their last game in regulation, and Pittsburgh would have to lose both of their last games in regulation. But that means beating us also, and we stay at #2 in the division and play Detroit.

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Well Ottawa has 97 pts now and Detroit has 98 pts so if Ottawa wins their last game and Detroit loses then wouldn't they switch Place?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well Ottawa has 97 pts now and Detroit has 98 pts so if Ottawa wins their last game and Detroit loses then wouldn't they switch Place?

We play the redwings or the 1st wild card team those are the only two options that can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad