GDT: 4/9/15 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I've been totally blind to Ottawa being in the Atlantic all night, huh?

Ottawa wins in and Detroit loses in regulation, and it's Ottawa/Tampa Bay in round one. I can't believe I haven't bothered to remember this.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think people are getting a little confused here. Because we are playing Boston in the last game. The fate of our position and their position is heavily influenced.

We win they are out of the playoffs, we lose we play the 3rd Atlantic spot, which could be Detroit, or could very well be Ottawa if they swap.

Just to add, depending on the other games, we can still get Detroit, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, or the Islanders in the first round. We will not get Rangers, Washington, Boston, or Montreal in the first round.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We play the redwings or the 1st wild card team those are the only two options that can happen

What Brie is saying is Ottawa can still take 3rd in the Atlantic from the Wings, which is true. If we remain 2nd, we play 3rd in the Atlantic, which is likely to be the Wings but there's still a decent chance it'll be Ottawa (especially if Howard looks like he looked tonight).

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
3/8 on the powerplay.

3 powerplay goals in one game.

I am flabbergasted

itshappening.gif

Right on time for the playoffs!

The sad thing is, it's not a coincidence that's it "working" all of a sudden. Magically Stamkos has been put back in that left circle and it's crazy what happens. It's so annoying that this simple thing has stopped us from winning more games and Stamkos not keeping up with OV for the Rocket Richard.

Hopefully Cooper finally figured it out.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The sad thing is, it's not a coincidence that's it "working" all of a sudden. Magically Stamkos has been put back in that left circle and it's crazy what happens. It's so annoying that this simple thing has stopped us from winning more games and Stamkos not keeping up with OV for the Rocket Richard.

Hopefully Cooper finally figured it out.

Ehh, I'm not confident. The last PP or two, Stamkos was back on the point. I was just shaking my head.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The 2nd unit was about five times as good as the first anyway.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Neither. Nesterov was at the point.

Honestly, he looked damn good there as well. Probably are only defenseman that can get his puck on net. I don't know why our fanbase in general want to send him back to the Crunch. While I don't think he will be as good as Koekkoek will be, he is still very effective back their.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Neither. Nesterov was at the point.

The more I watched, the more I thought that made a huge difference. Nesterov was cocked and loaded at all times. Also, they weren't wait-wait-waiting and then settling for the obvious perimeter pass. They were moving the puck a second time before the Devils had time to adjust to the first pass.

The first unit was a different story. They scored a goal when Palat found Stammer wide open, but man, Stammer was making a lot of bad decisions IMO. It wasn't so much bad passes as he kept making plays that made it difficult to retain the puck, i.e. passing to a guy who was covered rather than playing the puck to an open area where we had a man nearby. TKO makes a living off those little plays.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I feel like everything about our game vs. Boston revolves around what happens tomorrow between Ottawa and Philly. Not sure how Boston will react if they're playing for nothing. If they're playing for a playoff spot, we'll have our hands full.

Meanwhile, Price is starting in Toronto. Our chances of stealing 1st are slim, but it's still plausible.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
The more I watched, the more I thought that made a huge difference. Nesterov was cocked and loaded at all times. Also, they weren't wait-wait-waiting and then settling for the obvious perimeter pass. They were moving the puck a second time before the Devils had time to adjust to the first pass.

The first unit was a different story. They scored a goal when Palat found Stammer wide open, but man, Stammer was making a lot of bad decisions IMO. It wasn't so much bad passes as he kept making plays that made it difficult to retain the puck, i.e. passing to a guy who was covered rather than playing the puck to an open area where we had a man nearby. TKO makes a living off those little plays.

He is just flat out a bad passer. He cant pass and he also makes bad decisions on who to pass to. Drives me insane. He needs to be parked on that left circle where he isnt a liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad