GDT: 4/7/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Big win! I won't hold my breath though. I still don't like our chances.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Big win, might not be enough but I love that our guys at least won't go down without a fight.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we've found a goaltender. He really showed some stones tonight.

As an added note, someone go buy a carton of milk and let me know if you have any tips on where #27 is located.:sarcasm:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
3 HUGE blocks by Palat!! Dang it, son! Put some ice on those bruises!!

WTG Bolts! We're not dead yet. :handclap:

Whichever way tomorrow goes, I'm so very proud of how they've been scratching and clawing their way to the last.

Gonna enjoy being at the game on Sunday even more. :D

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Weird box score:

Syracuse Crunch - 4
Montreal Canadiens - 2

:D

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Maybe only I care about this, but as someone who hates seeing sub-.500 teams make the playoffs (in hockey or in general), I'm quite relieved that the Lightning cannot do that now. If they make the playoffs, they'll have finished, at worst, 37-37 (if they win a shootout against Buffalo) or, more likely, 38-37 with a win over Buffalo.

Irrelevant, probably, but kind of nice to know the Lightning can't be an example of something I hate now. And, frankly, even if Sunday ends up not being important, it would be nice to finish over .500 anyway. It would be a decent consolation prize for a really disappointing season.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
So if Toronto even gets one point the rest of the way, are we done?

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Lightning can afford Toronto picking up one more point. They would win the tiebreaker, in all likelihood. They can't afford Toronto picking up two points. Any combination that yields two points for Toronto would be enough to eliminate the Lightning.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Oiler fan here. I'm pulling for you guys so hard. Seeing the Leafs miss the playoffs would be pure joy. I hate the Islanders, and I got a soft spot for you guys beating the Flames in '04. I really hope you guys make it. :yo:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That 2nd Montreal goal was such a wonky bounce :laugh:

Hit Hedman's skate and popped up just perfectly to sail in right under the crossbar.

Great win. Trying to decide if I should watch the Toronto game tomorrow.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That 2nd Montreal goal was such a wonky bounce :laugh:

Hit Hedman's skate and popped up just perfectly to sail in right under the crossbar.

Great win. Trying to decide if I should watch the Toronto game tomorrow.

If it were me, i would just go do something else and then go check the score at a later time.

I would be ******** myself if i was watching that game.

Anyways, rooting for you guys to make it.

**** the Leafs.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If it were me, i would just go do something else and then go check the score at a later time.

I would be ******** myself if i was watching that game.

Anyways, rooting for you guys to make it.

**** the Leafs.

Yeah, I think that's what I might do.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lightning can afford Toronto picking up one more point. They would win the tiebreaker, in all likelihood. They can't afford Toronto picking up two points. Any combination that yields two points for Toronto would be enough to eliminate the Lightning.

Ok thanks!

Think I'll have to give in and watch this Leafs game tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad