GDT: 4/5: Game 80: Don't Stop: Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes: 7pm ET NESN, FSCR, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
We said similar things when looking at the Devils lineup. This Bruins team cannot take anyone for granted. If they start looking ahead to Thu night it will spell disaster. One game at a time boys.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I was thinking the same thing about the Devil's lineup. The Canes are 3-7 in their last 10, but they did just beat the Rangers recently. The Bruins can't look past this game, but they need to go in there with confidence. Their offense has looked OK the last two games, so they need to skate hard and keep the play in their offensive zone. Defensive shells are not going to work for this team as all the talent is on the front end.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Chris Rooney :cry::rant:

My thought exactly.

Three straight must win games and the NHL gives us Rooney?

Any word on the injured? Are any returning or do we still have Trotman and Morrow in the line up?

Go Bruins!!!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I've brought bad luck each time I went to a game this season. But I'm not alone. Hoping tonight's the night I get to see a solid victory to give the team momentum. Looking forward to seeing Colin unless he's a #7.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This is an upgrade.

And I'm not wishing injury on anyone, but if McQuaid were to go down, whomever they called up next would also be an upgrade. Not sure what is going on with him these days but he is awful.

He's being mismatched. McQuaid is good for third pair minutes and PK time-ask him to do more than that and he gets exposed.

He's also very possible dinged up. He took that awkward hit from Loui the other night too.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Don't have a problem with Sweeney keeping Louie E. at the deadline, but why on earth did he not get rid of Siedenberg when he had a chance too.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Carolina is a tough opponent, play a very good system, bruins better not look past tonights game. Put a lot of pressure on Philadelphia and Detroit tomorrow if the bruins can win tonight.

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT
C'mon Bruins...this is the Hartford Whalers we're talking about...they once played in a mall. A flippin' mall. Bring it.

Keys (of course goaltending is the major one but):

Stay out of the box.
Krug needs to be a difference maker.
Loui needs to NOT be invisible.

For your information the Hartford Civic Center (now XL Center) is a quality barn :laugh:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Kevan Miller says he is in, you know it is bad on D when that gets me hopeful for tonight. :D

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
The good news: At the beginning of the year we wanted to see our youth in the lineup (Morrow/C.Miller) over Seidenberg

The bad: It happens in game 80 where we need to win.

Hopefully they show up tonight...

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
We all know that any team worthy of going to the playoffs comes out tonight and ends this game early against a crappy team. Even with a terrible defense, the Bruins should roll this team.

But deep down, I think all of us expect them to come out hesitant and give up the first goal. When's the last time we beat Carolina at home? Ever?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
please claude-
put vatrano with bergy and marchand

It shouldn't matter one bit who plays with whom tonight. This is a solid forward group against a team of nobodies. This is 1000% on the players,specifically the best players, tonight. Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, LE. These four can and should win this game themselves.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Will the NHL let me box Chris Rooney if we do it for charity?

He went to CM and supposedly was a Bruins fan so to show everyone he isn't playing favorites he screws them every chance - I don't ever want to see him call a game involving Boston

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Well with the way things have gone this season, I'm going to stick with the theory that when I can't watch them they do fine and win, when they are on national tv and I can watch they lose and lose bad. This hopefully is another case of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad