WGR: 4-4: Pierre LeBrun Discusses the State of the Sabres

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remind me, what have the Sabres done lately? Plus, the Bills will always come first in WNY.

The Bills DID make the playoffs, and have a boatload of draft picks coming up in a few weeks with the prospects of trading up to land a QB.

The vast, vast majority of sports fans in WNY would much rather listen to talk radio topics concerning the Buffalo Bills at this current moment.

Yes. And for the 17-ish years were the Bills sank more than swam it was the same. The coverage reflects the fanaticism, it always has. When the Sabres have been good we still got force-fed coverage of the most mundane Bills' facts. It contributed to the shoddy prep and lack of insight we see from the current Sabre reporting as well. Why do any actual research when the formula of manufacturing click-bait for Bills fans works so much better?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I am not in a rush to trade ROR but for a draft shot at Tkachuk plus a second to draft a good D prospect I would be hard pressed to refuse to think about it. That is if Dahlin is our first pick. If it is Svechnikov or Zadina then I would think about it- replacing Tkachuk for Hughes, Boqvist or whoever Botts rates highest at D. Then I would be looking at our cap situation for Carlson or something similar.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Remind me, what have the Sabres done lately? Plus, the Bills will always come first in WNY.

The Bills DID make the playoffs, and have a boatload of draft picks coming up in a few weeks with the prospects of trading up to land a QB.

The vast, vast majority of sports fans in WNY would much rather listen to talk radio topics concerning the Buffalo Bills at this current moment.
Unless they are masochists...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I wouldnt trade ROR this year and especially not Reinhart if ever.
I think he is up for 60point plus season next year!

No one is untradable for the right package, but I agree, both are valuable to this team, though I personally think ROR could be a much higher producing forward if he is moved to Eichel's wing.

As far as #23, the fact that he found a way to produce points on this slow, dump-and-chase team, is testament to his ability to reinvent his game. He's proven he can not only adapt, but is tough as nails. If he can produce 40 in this tough environment, I really look forward to his production once they shed the dead weight.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Bulldog is so out of it, he was shocked/delighted to hear Lebrun say that ROR has great trade value.

I do think Botterill is going to trade him. Would you take Montreal's 1st plus Ryan Poehling plus hmmm ...

I like Poehling, think he's going to be a quality 2nd or 3rd line forward.
We are center heavy with the young'ens. Pu, Middlestadt and now Rodriguez. Not that they are on par with ROR, but they are in the pipeline.

So the question I have is this: what would a realistic return look like?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad