h96rnPS.png

Y7obDMp.png

bAlCQK6.png

zTmbuOX.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The shits gotta stop by now. That performance vs Montreal worried me way more than the ass whipping Pitt dished out on us whenever that was. I know they're probably sick of the regular season but they've got to stop making such a habit of playing down to their competition. Normally, I don't give a shit. I just don't want this to be a habit they can't break come playoff time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The shits gotta stop by now. That performance vs Montreal worried me way more than the ass whipping Pitt dished out on us whenever that was. I know they're probably sick of the regular season but they've got to stop making such a habit of playing down to their competition. Normally, I don't give a shit. I just don't want this to be a habit they can't break come playoff time.
I dont know. We're on something like 6 games in 9 or 10 nights. I think fatigue is a major factor, whereas, vs the Pens, we were firing on all cylinders and they were just better.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I dont know. We're on something like 6 games in 9 or 10 nights. I think fatigue is a major factor, whereas, vs the Pens, we were firing on all cylinders and they were just better.

I can't tell with these guys most nights. I've seen them tired and win convincingly, well rested and play down to the competition and Kucherov score 30 points in the playoffs at like 65% at best. I just hope you're right

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Knew we had a game tonight but didn't realize it was Toronto. Guess I gotta get up and watch Matthews get to 55 tonight.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I have the exact opposite takeaway, really. Two straight Cups gives them some benefit of the doubt from me that they know which teams they can't play arrogant hockey against. They know they're a much better team than the Habs and threw away a point because of the recklessness they felt that enabled them to have.

They didn't play a reckless game against Pittsburgh, they just weren't good enough to beat them that night, although I feel the fact that we keep referring back to that one game from a month ago now is a bit bizarre. The Penguins were clearly the better team that night...I remember reading some Penguins fans (in-between their what-if fellatio alternating between "COVID Cups don't count" and "they would've won nothing if they faced us either time") saying that was the best game they'd seen the Penguins play in the last several seasons. Hyperbole, maybe, but probably a bit telling nonetheless.

They pretty much played a perfect game that night. It happens. Whe a top team is at the absolute top of their game on a given night, it's hard to beat them. At a certain point, for our sake, we just need to move on and stop thinking about it. There's no point in worrying about that matchup until or unless we end up facing the Penguins in the playoffs, and that would require both of us to win at least one round, maybe two, depending on which Eastern bracket we end up in at the end of the month.

To say nothing about the fact that both teams, and us in particular, have made trades since then.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We played a pretty much perfect game against them in Pittsburgh, without Kucherov at that, back in October. Same 5-1 scoreline, except for us instead of them.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
This is probably the closest they have had to a must win game all season. They must beat the lowly leafs.

Go Bolts!!!!!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I am too hungover to be prepared mentally and physically for the garbage game they will probably have. I don't know if i can do it.

Reactions: Tiala

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can't tell with these guys most nights. I've seen them tired and win convincingly, well rested and play down to the competition and Kucherov score 30 points in the playoffs at like 65% at best. I just hope you're right
I think there are problems we are trying to work out, but I feel like the MTL game was a different thing. It got away from us as the game went on, and looked like fatigue to me. And I mean, even if it doesn't, it's not like I think MTL is a better team, regardless of how the game goes. The Pens game was different because it wasn't about how much we sucked. It was more like, we actually played really well, and it wasn't close to good enough. That's worrisome.

I honestly think we might give up double-digits tonight. This schedule is brutal.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If I fall asleep during the game, it's because I've finally caught the Big C19 and now I can't sip vodka or bourbon for a week and enjoy the game.

So smoke those turds boys, Toronto is one of those teams that just can not stand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiala

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Don't know how the actual game is going to go but I've got a pretty good idea of how the post game commentary will play out.

If we win it'll be because they're the butter-soft Laughs destined for yet another first round exit and if we lose it'll be because they're still the butter-soft Laughs but they were playing for their Stanley Cup on 04/04 while the Bolts don't care about the regular season.

Book it.

Reactions: DaBolts

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Could be a playoff preview, very excited for this one. Have to make it hard on their star players and make them pay a price. A run & gun game probably won't get the job done, although we do have the advantage in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad