Pre-Game Talk: 4/3 - Game 79 - Last road game of regular season - Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
A guy I work with flew out last night and is going to the game.

For all B's fans going cheer loud for our boys and have a blast :yo:

I've bumped into a good number of bruins fans so far which is good to see. I've been told the bruins are well represented at Chicago games too so that's nice. Im heading over soon to begin the festivities.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Win the frakking game. Just do it. I want to see heart and hustle. No shortcuts or halfassness. Play hard, play like you WANT to be in the playoffs. Go hard at the net.

Hopefully our d can step up.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CfHlbbZWwAA97bf.jpg:large

9d796694c335a829450f6a7067006188_r900x493.JPEG

Tonight's Officials
Referees Tom Kowal (32), Brad Watson (23)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Andy McElman (90)

Ntl. Anthem Jim Cornelison

LAST TIME BRUINS PLAYED IN CHICAGO

WAYBACK MACHINE

TODAY’S GAME

- The Bruins visit the Blackhawks today in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit of the season to United Center… The Bruins are 41-29-8 overall and are 25-12-3 on the road … They are 7-6-0 vs. Central Division teams and are 11-13-3 vs. Western Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing today their 8th of 9 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) and they are currently 4-3-0 in those games.

- The Bruins conclude today both their road schedule and their games vs. Western Conference opponents, as they end a stretch in which they played 8 road games in a 9-game span from Mar. 15-Apr. 3 with today’s game in Chicago.

- The Bruins have won 2 of their last 3 games following a 5-game losing stretch … They are 7-6-2 in their last 15 games overall and are 13-7-0 in their last 20 on the road.

INJURIES

- Kevan Miller – Lower body, doubtful for today
- Dennis Seidenberg – Lower body, not on trip
- Brett Connolly – Lower body, not on trip
- Chris Kelly – Broken left femur, IR, has resumed skating

BOSTON vs CHICAGO, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Blackhawks are meeting for the 584th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 264-236-79-4 record and 1,834-1,764 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 98-145-45-4 in their 292 road games of this lifetime series with Chicago holding a 942-789 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games vs. the Blackhawks, including a 4-2 win in Boston on Mar. 3 in the 1st game of this season’s series, and they are 9-2-3 in their last 14 regular season games vs. Chicago … They have taken points out of their last 7 games in Chicago at 4-0-3 and they are 5-1-1-4 in their last 11 visits to United Center with their last regulation road loss of this lifetime series an 8-5 setback on Mar. 9, 2003.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1459686914000

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've bumped into a good number of bruins fans so far which is good to see. I've been told the bruins are well represented at Chicago games too so that's nice. Im heading over soon to begin the festivities.

Have fun !

I haven't been to a game in Chicago...yet...But it is on the list of arenas I want to get to.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Have fun !

I haven't been to a game in Chicago...yet...But it is on the list of arenas I want to get to.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

United Center is very similar to Centre Molson - 2 balconies and very, very loud.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
A win here and a Philly loss today would put us in very good standing. Being ahead of both before they play eachother (hopefully in a game not going to OT...) would give us a much better chance. Not expecting any help along the way, though. If we do our job we're in.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Will be interesting to see how Claude used the 6 D he has available to him for this game.

I daresay Liles move to the right side. But does he pair him up with Chara or go back to the more familiar Chara-Trotman combo?

And if he does go Chara-Liles who does he pair Trotman up with?

Krug?

Can't see Claude being comfortable with Morrow-Trotman together.

My prediction:

Chara - Liles
Krug - Trotman
Morrow - McQuaid

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
This game will be the last one for my cousin, linesman Andy McElman # 90. I'm so glad his last two were both Bruins games (he worked St. Louis the other night as well).

McElman, a Chicago native, will celebrate his 1500th and final NHL game on Sunday. The 54-year-old linesman made his NHL debut on October 3, 1993, just 262 miles away in St. Louis, Missouri. That was also where he worked on Friday night, manning the lines for a game between the Blues and the Boston Bruins. For his final match, though, McElman headed home.

Full story here.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I expect a good game but honestly this isn't as important of game as the three ahead. A win today would give us the chance to possibly qualify with out beating Detroit, however if we lose we still have the destiny in our own hands ---3 Ws we are in. I really don't think we are going to be knocking philly out it is all about Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma