2F1TS8u.png
XjPYgmH.png

QWVrIKS.png

zTmbuOX.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So we face the Leafs if we win or Bruins lose in regulation.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
There's a pretty decent chance we could finish as high as #4 in the East in overall points when it's done. Our reward? Facing a team that finished #2 or #3 overall.

Neat stuff.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Elliot starting tonight.

Does that mean Vasy starts tomorrow.... any chance we call some kid up to start. Or give Elliot the b2b perhaps

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Elliot starting tonight.

Does that mean Vasy starts tomorrow.... any chance we call some kid up to start. Or give Elliot the b2b perhaps
Don't have cap space to call up anyone so it's probably Vasi unless they want to give Elliott both.

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
There's a pretty decent chance we could finish as high as #4 in the East in overall points when it's done. Our reward? Facing a team that finished #2 or #3 overall.

Neat stuff.
I would rather play against TOR, than NYR to be honest (Shesty is too scary), so this time, but this time only, I like the PO format.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I would rather play against TOR, than NYR to be honest (Shesty is too scary), so this time, but this time only, I like the PO format.

In general, this is kinda true. I mean, this is going to be how the Eastern layout turns out

#8 vs. #1 (normal)
#7 vs. #4/5
#6 vs. #2/3 (close to normal, could be totally normal)
#5/4 vs. #3/2

(Only Florida can be #1, only the Leafs or Hurricanes can be #2/#3 and neither can dip below that, only the Lightning, Rangers, or Bruins can be #4/#5/#6, and the Capitals and Penguins are locked into #7/#8.)

But it's not as simple as looking at the Rangers and seeing them appearing to catch a break. Matchups matter more than points in the standings. I'm not sure how happy the Panthers would be to see the Penguins in the first round, you know? The Hurricanes dominated the Bruins in three games this year but the Bruins won two playoff meetings in recent years and won both fairly easily, so they probably aren't the most thrilled there.

Besides, this system gives and it takes. In the first round in 2016, we had finished #6 overall in the East and we faced #8 Detroit in the first round. The Panthers won the division and finished #3 overall and they faced the #5 Islanders. Ergo, we got a better matchup seed-wise by finishing in second place, which is kinda screwy. And because the Islanders were a wild card, we had home ice in the next round despite the inferior points total, which is doubly screwy. So this might look like a bit of a squeeze here for us, but come this time in 2023 we could be looking at it the other way for all we know.

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg
Hello All!
I always surface for the playoffs - school keeps me busy.
I did manage to attend a few games this season, and after one got some of the team to sign our school picture. Now I've gone from being okay to the coolest teacher in the world. HA
Hope everyone has been well.

Reactions: U55

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Killer needs 1 more point to reach 60

Stamkos needs 2 assists to tie Vinny for 2nd most assists (491)

Hedman needs 1 goal to pass Dan Boyle for the single season franchise record

Reactions: DaBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad