GDT: 4/28/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2AT Boston VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I mean we had plenty of chances but couldn't finish. The major factor today was goaltending. Vassy had a bad game while Rask looked locked in.

Reactions: Maelmoor

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I am not going to waste my time watching Cooper's presser. If they don't win on Monday, we may get swept. That was the most pathetic effort I've seen from our first two lines all season and Vasy had best remove his head from his arse FAST.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I mean we had plenty of chances but couldn't finish. The major factor today was goaltending. Vassy had a bad game while Rask looked locked in.
Vasi was fine lol. I’ll reiterate what I said on discord.
10669EFD-2DAA-4B81-A770-605DC9222D44.jpeg

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well I would have liked to see Vassy make a save on some of those and it doesn't change the fact that Rask was better.
Rask was better but not by very much. Difference is they didn’t have an autistic Stralman. I swear this guy messed up on all 5 non EN goals we allowed.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm not pinning this game only on him but the frustration with him has been building for a long time and will probably keep building as long as he plays here. I've lost hope in him ever stepping up when we need him the most.
I mean, I don't want to say I've given up on him, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me hope right now. He always seems like he's thinking about something totally unrelated to hockey. As you said, it's just unbelievably frustrating.

Reactions: DaBolts

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Rask was better but not by very much. Difference is they didn’t have an autistic Stralman. I swear this guy messed up on all 5 non EN goals we allowed.
I'm inclined to give a pass to anyone who's defending an EN on a PP with 6 mins to go in the game, but that's just me.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Point is still waiver exempt, I wouldn't mind sending him to Syracuse where he actually might help the team win instead of causing Tampa to lose. Bring up Joseph and move Johnson back to center.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm telling you, the team played better then everyone is giving them credit for. I know the only thing matters is results but all they gotta do is finish one or two of their chances and this game is completely different.
I honestly don't know if I agree. I mean, it's impossible to say with the way Vasy played. But Boston shut it down in the second and we couldn't figure it out. Looked quite a bit like their other wins against us, honestly. I don't really like our chances if we play like that again, even we're getting better goaltending.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I mean, I don't want to say I've given up on him, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me hope right now. He always seems like he's thinking about something totally unrelated to hockey. As you said, it's just unbelievably frustrating.
I probably gave up on him after the finals series against Chicago. Biggest series of his life and we desperately needed him after the TKO line was completely beat up. All he could muster in six games was one f***ing assist. He's a 8.5M complementary player at best in the playoffs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rough game. Started off strong and then let it slip away. Don’t think Tampa played as badly as the score would indicate. these are the games you need your goalie to stand up tall and make those big saves but he didn’t. Think it was a bad decision for Coop to have pulled Vasi when he did and the line match ups did not work. Oh well, make adjustments and move onto the next one.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I probably gave up on him after the finals series against Chicago. Biggest series of his life and we desperately needed him after the TKO line was completely beat up. All he could muster in six games was one ****ing assist. He's a 8.5M complementary player at best in the playoffs.
Yep. I'd actually trade him for Nash right now. WTF.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Next game, Cooper needs to put Kuch, Gourde and Point together. And tell these freaking players to shoot the puck from everywhere instead of again making the perfect pass. We had our chances and could't score while Boston put their chances in the net. Johnson was a non factor and how people get on Point because he hasn't scored should go back to football. Him and Gourde hustle more than anyone on this team. We could have scored three more goals if Palat, Stamkos and Killorn put it in the corner instead of right at the middle of the goalie.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I am not going to waste my time watching Cooper's presser. If they don't win on Monday, we may get swept. That was the most pathetic effort I've seen from our first two lines all season and Vasy had best remove his head from his arse FAST.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
It's on Coop, at the end of the day. Pulling Vasy felt like something a coach does when he's literally out of ideas. That was partially a coaching loss, in my opinion.

Reactions: DaBolts

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
First two lines were plain awful.

Why Cooper continues to put Kucherov and Stamkos together is beyond idiotic at this point.

The Bergeron line is going to manhandle our 2nd line. If Cooper doesn’t switch the lines up this series won’t last long. Johnson can’t play D to save his life.

I liked our physicality pretty much the whole game.

We played hard on the boards but soft in front of Vasy. Can’t give scorers like they have those chances.

Too much diddling around on the perimeter in the offensive zone, and we took way too long to shoot the puck on our few great scoring chances down low and at the point. It’s like this team suddenly collectively forgot what a one-timer was. You can’t give Rask an extra half second to react to shots.

I don’t know wtf Cooper was thinking pulling Vasy that early. Yet another Mensa move that is actually counter-intuitive.

I don’t care how many PP goals Killorn has...him being out there on the 1st PP unit is absurd. Actually the whole first unit should be demoted.

I loved how we played the 1st half and hated the 2nd half. We still need to pull the trigger quicker on our shots and start placing them better (*cough* Killorn & Stamkos *cough*).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Rough game. Started off strong and then let it slip away. Don’t think Tampa played as badly as the score would indicate. these are the games you need your goalie to stand up tall and make those big saves but he didn’t. Think it was a bad decision for Coop to have pulled Vasi when he did and the line match ups did not work. Oh well, make adjustments and move onto the next one.

That Callahan penalty in the 1st really changed the game, really cost us right there.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
First two lines were plain awful.

Why Cooper continues to put Kucherov and Stamkos together is beyond idiotic at this point.

The Bergeron line is going to manhandle our 2nd line. If Cooper doesn’t switch the lines up this series won’t last long. Johnson can’t play D to save his life.

I liked our physicality pretty much the whole game.

We played hard on the boards but soft in front of Vasy. Can’t give scorers like they have those chances.

Too much diddling around on the perimeter in the offensive zone, and we took way too long to shoot the puck on our few great scoring chances down low and at the point. It’s like this team suddenly collectively forgot what a one-timer was. You can’t give Rask an extra half second to react to shots.

I don’t know wtf Cooper was thinking pulling Vasy that early. Yet another Mensa move that is actually counter-intuitive.

I don’t care how many PP goals Killorn has...him being out there on the 1st PP unit is absurd. Actually the whole first unit should be demoted.

I loved how we played the 1st half and hated the 2nd half. We still need to pull the trigger quicker on our shots and start placing them better (*cough* Killorn & Stamkos *cough*).
I agree about Coop pulling Vasy. That's a regular season motivational prank. I mean, it didn't matter, and maybe he sent the right message to the guys, but it felt a little too flippant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad