GDT: 4/27/23 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A lot of defensive woes can be fixed with Cernak replacing Raddysh. Eyssimont instead of Jeannot gives us a massive speed boost.

You can close the game out with:

Killorn-Bellemare-Cirelli
Hedman-Cernak

Coop needs to get Bellemare in on the faceoffs in the defensive zone draws, he's 63% in this series. Hagel doesn't need to be out there in the final minutes and you get 2 centers incase one gets kicked.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Eyssimont we aren’t sitting this guy anymore lol if Tanner can go who sits ?
Which is pretty shocking. Nobody would be surprised if told beforehand Toronto would be 3-2 up, but everyone would've thought it was because Toronto had the deeper roster and we were having trouble matching it.

That hasn't been the case. If we had the Vasi of any of the past three playoffs, we would've clinched the series tonight. We've been the better team in every game except Game 2. We're going to need to be the better team six times out of seven if we're going to hope to win this series at this point...but there's no point crying over spilled milk. It's happened, it's over, we're still alive and Vasi finally had a game where he looked somewhat like himself. Keep pushing forward and hope it continues from here. Toronto and all their inability to win clinching games has now had a chance to rear its head again tonight. Hopefully this ends up planting itself squarely inside their heads moving forward from here.
Nice comments! Especially “It’s happened, it’s over, we’re still alive.”

The real big cat showed up. Every game I'm posting the rap intro for big cat. Esy is our big playoff acquisition and black ace. Let that ball of hate and energy play. 2-0 with him flying around out there.
I’m so happy Eyssy’s back! I love him!

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
We're all huge Vasy fans, that goes without saying, but listening to the coverage today you would think he had a 50 save, shutout masterpiece last night. He played very well and made some big saves at key times. Every goalie who plays in the NHL can do that on occasion and Vasy's record of doing it is unmatched in this era so I'm not saying he shouldn't be praised for his performance, but enough with hyperbole. He played a good game. That's what he get's paid very handsomely to do and it's about time he did because we are in the predicament we're in largely on his shoulders.

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Great Game! Great Win!! GG Bolts!

Can we say that that we traded 20 picks not for Jeanout but for Eyssimont?

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I like to look at opposing teams' newspapers every now and then; the Toronto Star had reader comments about last nights game. Almost every commenter spoke of inevitable doom for the fallen leafs. And it's NOT a reverse psych thing. Being that these are actual newspaper readers and not just tictokkers, it shows what the mature, experienced fans think and how they see history repeating itself.
No complaints about particular plays or "blown calls" or really anything specific. Their doom is gathering, and, lets face it, last night's game was a kick in the balls for those fans that are 0fer a million in clinching games.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I like to look at opposing teams' newspapers every now and then; the Toronto Star had reader comments about last nights game. Almost every commenter spoke of inevitable doom for the fallen leafs. And it's NOT a reverse psych thing. Being that these are actual newspaper readers and not just tictokkers, it shows what the mature, experienced fans think and how they see history repeating itself.
No complaints about particular plays or "blown calls" or really anything specific. Their doom is gathering, and, lets face it, last night's game was a kick in the balls for those fans that are 0fer a million in clinching games.
Did you see Dubas grab his stuff after the game and the look on his face ? I am in in Nova Scotia and watched on Sportsnet so perhaps you may not have.

Point is the pressure is gonna mount on these guys and outside of O'Reilly they will wilt.

Win the next one at home and keep playing your game the way you are and you will win this series I believe

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021

I feel a little bad, because later I saw another close up, slow motion replay of this and it does look like the curved part of the blade could have hit his throat or chin as Knies hunched over foward and Cole's stick comes up under his arm - I think that's why Knies reacted that way. But regardless, the stick didn't come up above the shoulder, so as I understand it, technically that's not a highsticking penalty.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
A lot of defensive woes can be fixed with Cernak replacing Raddysh. Eyssimont instead of Jeannot gives us a massive speed boost.

You can close the game out with:

Killorn-Bellemare-Cirelli
Hedman-Cernak

Coop needs to get Bellemare in on the faceoffs in the defensive zone draws, he's 63% in this series. Hagel doesn't need to be out there in the final minutes and you get 2 centers incase one gets kicked.
Was thinking exactly the same - Belly used to be the FO guy for the Avs in money time.
The big guns have more weight here when an EN goal is in play :naughty:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself. :laugh:

Listen to the part that starts at @ 45:46 , its not long.

I mean what?! lmao.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
"If the Leafs lose this series they will have beaten themselves."
If the Lightning lose this series, they most certainly will have beat themselves with just atrocious goaltending and D. Leafs have been outplayed for all but, what, Gm2 and ~20minutes the rest of the series?

I don't have the time to listen to that clip, but please tell me it was Kypreos or the douchebag producer saying it. Justin Bourne has, at least in the past, been a voice of reason and I'd hate it if he's become a hot take artist talking Leafs-driven platitudes because that's what sells.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't have the time to listen to that clip, but please tell me it was Kypreos or the douchebag producer saying it. Justin Bourne has, at least in the past, been a voice of reason and I'd hate it if he's become a hot take artist talking Leafs-driven platitudes because that's what sells.
It was the host, not the producer. I don't know who any of them are besides Kypreos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad