GDT: 4/25/24 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #1 WC Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sounds exactly like Penguins fans. Team needs a new voice. Everything comes to an end.

Did anyone think Cooper was gonna be here for 30 years? LOL
Some of it is Coaching but I'm putting a ton of blame on the players, stars disappear and look uninterested. No one is skating. No level of coaching can solve apathy.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I think first order of business in the offseason is to move on from Coop and Blashill, hire Benoit Groulx, Let Stamkos walk for anything more than 5m

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I mean, Florida is good but I thought they would've blown us out by now. They haven't, yet. This is just a pathetic ass hockey team and level of effort. I definitely think these guys just want it to be over or really don't give a shit the way we'd expect them to. I think Cooper is even flabbergasted by how shit they're playing.

One thing about coop is that he should've tied Perbix down to the bench. Hope Kuch enjoys that Art Ross cause that was the only memorable bit this year.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Why wouldn’t they resign for 5/6 mil? Is he really gone?
I don't see Stamkos walking is all I was saying. Maybe all he wants is the money, but I think the two sides will work something out. Tampa isn't easily or effectively replacing a 40 goal scoring ppg this offseaaon with what they have available, so if Stamkos is willing tonstay for a bit less, they should get it done quickly.

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
JBB sunk this team REAL quick
He got us 2 cups. He did amazing but mortgaged too much of the future.

Would I do it again? Hell yeah. Now, reality is here. The credit card bill is due.

AMEX doesn't take payments LOL

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I mean, Florida is good but I thought they would've blown us out by now. They haven't, yet. This is just a pathetic ass hockey team and level of effort. I definitely think these guys just want it to be over or really don't give a shit the way we'd expect them to. I think Cooper is even flabbergasted by how shit they're playing.

One thing about coop is that he should've tied Perbix down to the bench. Hope Kuch enjoys that Art Ross cause that was the only memorable bit this year.
Honestly it's basically only been Bob. He's goalie Vanek. He's legit stopped more goals than he should have and without him the cats would be down 3-0 in the series.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He got us 2 cups. He did amazing but mortgaged too much of the future.

Would I do it again? Hell yeah. Now, reality is here. The credit card bill is due.

AMEX doesn't take payments LOL
He finished the job to get the Cups but didn't really build that team. It's like the NCAA coach who gets the job, wins a championship or two but with the old coach's players/recruits. Then once he gets his team, they underachieve (Larry Coker)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I think first order of business in the offseason is to move on from Coop and Blashill, hire Benoit Groulx, Let Stamkos walk for anything more than 5m
Stammer is one of the few core guys showing up here. If anything this series shows how much worse the Bolts wold be without him. Not that I want to overpay and soak more cap space into a single player, but there's obviously flaws with this current roster, and Stammer isn't one of them.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
They can(and should) offer him 6. If he wants more, maybe 6.5 max, but anything higher and it makes it impossible to re-sign Duclair or another F in the ~4 million range and add a dman for 2.5 or so.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Yeah, this is looking very dire. I think my optimism has reached its limit. Sergachev wouldn’t be enough to turn this series around. I think it might be time to pay the piper. The mortgaged future is here.

Reactions: OffBy1

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Are we in Pitt and Washington territory just earlier in the cycle? Maybe. There’s nothing coming up in the system to make a big impact. It’s not gonna happen but blowing it up should be on the table. There’s no reason to spend the next 5+ years scraping by as a WC and getting bounced early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad