Pre-Game Talk: 4/24 ECQF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR arrives in Toronto ( series tied 1-1 ) - NESN, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Losing Peeke is going to hurt but I think Wotherspoon will slide in well in his place.

He can take minutes off of Mac, Lindholm and Carlo and also limits Gryz and allows Shatty to be more of a PP/puck mover/fascilitator he is.

A balanced D along with playing smart hockey will be key to them winning tomorrow.
If Forbort were closer I’d play him over Wotherspoon. I see Wotherspoon as a possible Gryz replacement. People keep saying Forbort hasn’t played, etc. Well Wotherspoon doesn’t play all the time either. And if Peeke comes back in 3 weeks do you not play him because he hasn’t played lately? Forbort has much more playoff experience. Better PK, which seems needed now. Forbort even has had playoff success, although it happened in Calgary and Winnipeg. Ask McJesus and Draiysit about the 4 game sweep by the Peg. Could not score on the PP. Hopefully everyone plays well that goes in, and our PK works. I personally would dress 7 D. I think the confusion and possible bad play could be helpful instead of a 12th F. Or, do we see another situation where Shatty is asked to PK. It should not happen, although we were down to 5 D. It really wasn’t fair to him. It’s like putting Forbort out on the PP. NOOOO

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not too confident with them gaining Nylander and us losing Peeke.
Nylander reeks of a guy with back spasms. Not sure why Toronto would even let him on the ice skating as gingerly as he was. Basically putting up a big gigantic neon sign that says: "Hit the ever living shit out of me and watch me seize up".

Hit him every single time he is on the ice if he plays. Hack his lower back like Bertuzzi and Domi have been hacking Marchand.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tonight feels like it will be the ‘Montreal Forum in the 70’s’ type of game to start. Survive the first ten minutes and take the crowd out of the game. Leafs I am sure will come out in full force with their forecheck. Grind it out tonight and take the W. Main thing I am looking for is a strong physical game again and our forecheck to be much better than game 2. Make their D work to get the puck out. And get pucks in the net. I thought we made it easy on Sammy last game. Loads of shots and shots from everywhere. Look for Jake and Pasta to have big games again.

Let’s go Bruins!👏👏👏👏
Yeah I have never liked the weather the storm plan ,may explain the Bruins lack of playoffs success against Montreal back then dont you think,Leafs have a pretty potent offence not sure sitting back and letting them take it to you is wise.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah the same fans that wanted him fired just a few short years ago. :rolleyes:

Always great to see Claude. I always liked him & I'm glad he's healthy once again.

Is he still involved with hockey? :dunno:
Most the fans that I know at the games like him.

Since then, the ex-bench boss, who saw tenures with the New Jersey Devils and Boston Bruins before rejoining the Canadiens in 2017, has been out of a job.

As a recent guest on the Leafs Nation podcast, the 63-year-old admitted that taking the last few years off from hockey has done him well.
“To be honest, I really felt like I needed a break after I left Montreal,” he said. “You know, all these years coaching, from the junior to the NHL [level], I never had a full season [off]. I was never able to take a step back.”

With that said, he has not retired and would consider coming back to the NHL if an intriguing offer were to come his way.

“I’d be ready to give it another go under the right circumstances. No doubt. I feel energized again,” the Blind River, Ontario, native explained. “When I watch some of the games and some of the teams, you sit back and say ‘I think I’ve got the answer.'”

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I recently found out that the Perrier I’ve been drinking is fake Perrier and they’ll only sell the stuff in glass bottles in “select restaurants and hotels” moving forward.

I’ve got two of the old glass bottles left in the fridge.

Do I use one tonight or save it for a deciding game?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Most the fans that I know at the games like him.

Since then, the ex-bench boss, who saw tenures with the New Jersey Devils and Boston Bruins before rejoining the Canadiens in 2017, has been out of a job.

As a recent guest on the Leafs Nation podcast, the 63-year-old admitted that taking the last few years off from hockey has done him well.
“To be honest, I really felt like I needed a break after I left Montreal,” he said. “You know, all these years coaching, from the junior to the NHL [level], I never had a full season [off]. I was never able to take a step back.”

With that said, he has not retired and would consider coming back to the NHL if an intriguing offer were to come his way.

“I’d be ready to give it another go under the right circumstances. No doubt. I feel energized again,” the Blind River, Ontario, native explained. “When I watch some of the games and some of the teams, you sit back and say ‘I think I’ve got the answer.'”

There are few coaches who can communicate and instill strong defensive structure better than Claude Julien. There is a reason why Cassidy and Monty didn't mess to much with how the Bruins defended in their own zone. It just works and the good habits were already built in.

To me, he's exactly what a team like Buffalo or Ottawa could use. Strong young talent that need to learn to play tight systematic defense. Thankfully (for Bruins fans) Buffalo went in a different direction given the young talent they've assembled. He probably won't get a look at the Ottawa job but he should.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I recently found out that the Perrier I’ve been drinking is fake Perrier and they’ll only sell the stuff in glass bottles in “select restaurants and hotels” moving forward.

I’ve got two of the old glass bottles left in the fridge.

Do I use one tonight or save it for a deciding game?
1. I hope you plan to sue Perrier for their absolutely fraudulent behavior! Scammers!!!!!

2. Save it for the deciding game. Then when the Bruins win throw the bottle into the fireplace like they used to do with champagne glasses years ago and scream ‘Victory!!!’………then get a broom and clean up the mess you made

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
There are few coaches who can communicate and instill strong defensive structure better than Claude Julien. There is a reason why Cassidy and Monty didn't mess to much with how the Bruins defended in their own zone. It just works and the good habits were already built in.

To me, he's exactly what a team like Buffalo or Ottawa could use. Strong young talent that need to learn to play tight systematic defense. Thankfully (for Bruins fans) Buffalo went in a different direction given the young talent they've assembled. He probably won't get a look at the Ottawa job but he should.
I loved how when Claude took over the Bruins he got them working hard again. You’re so right about structure too. And he wanted a tough team also. Loved that 2011 team and will always love their pack mentality!

To your point Ottawa, where he’s from, should jump at the chance to get him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nylander reeks of a guy with back spasms. Not sure why Toronto would even let him on the ice skating as gingerly as he was. Basically putting up a big gigantic neon sign that says: "Hit the ever living shit out of me and watch me seize up".

Hit him every single time he is on the ice if he plays. Hack his lower back like Bertuzzi and Domi have been hacking Marchand.
If he's playing tonight and they know he's hurt, there's absolutely ZERO reason for him not to be a target.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I loved how when Claude took over the Bruins he got them working hard again. You’re so right about structure too. And he wanted a tough team also. Loved that 2011 team and will always love their pack mentality!

To your point Ottawa, where he’s from, should jump at the chance to get him.

One of my favorite all-time Bruins teams is the 2007-08 team. Wasn't loaded with talent but stuck to their game-plan defensively, worked hard and played tough. Laid the foundation for all the success that came after it.

Many assume Staios will hire John Gruden having worked for him and Andlauer with Hamilton, but they should give Claude some consideration as well.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1. I hope you plan to sue Perrier for their absolutely fraudulent behavior! Scammers!!!!!

2. Save it for the deciding game. Then when the Bruins win throw the bottle into the fireplace like they used to do with champagne glasses years ago and scream ‘Victory!!!’………then get a broom and clean up the mess you made
They did a clever rebrand that made it seem that this new “Madison Perrier” was some kind of a special edition.

In reality, it’s basically just seltzer now as opposed to source mineral water.

Fair enough, I’ll keep alternating between the impostor Perrier and Snickers coffee until the B’s are either on the ropes are are looking to close the thing out.

Tonight, they’re on their own!

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If Forbort were closer I’d play him over Wotherspoon. I see Wotherspoon as a possible Gryz replacement. People keep saying Forbort hasn’t played, etc. Well Wotherspoon doesn’t play all the time either. And if Peeke comes back in 3 weeks do you not play him because he hasn’t played lately? Forbort has much more playoff experience. Better PK, which seems needed now. Forbort even has had playoff success, although it happened in Calgary and Winnipeg. Ask McJesus and Draiysit about the 4 game sweep by the Peg. Could not score on the PP. Hopefully everyone plays well that goes in, and our PK works. I personally would dress 7 D. I think the confusion and possible bad play could be helpful instead of a 12th F. Or, do we see another situation where Shatty is asked to PK. It should not happen, although we were down to 5 D. It really wasn’t fair to him. It’s like putting Forbort out on the PP. NOOOO
Forbort played two games for P-Bruins

Reactions: bob77

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One of my favorite all-time Bruins teams is the 2007-08 team. Wasn't loaded with talent but stuck to their game-plan defensively, worked hard and played tough. Laid the foundation for all the success that came after it.

Many assume Staios will hire John Gruden having worked for him and Andlauer with Hamilton, but they should give Claude some consideration as well.
The transformation from 05-06 to 08-09 was truly incredible.

From a bottom feeder post lockout, to the steps taken in 06-07 adding Chara and Savard, the hiring of Clode in 07-08, and the absolute tear they went on in 08-09, missing the Presidents’ Trophy by a point.

I loved that 08-09 team. That may have been the most fun I’ve ever had watching regular season hockey.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1713972247601.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad