Pre-Game Talk: 4/24 ECQF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR arrives in Toronto ( series tied 1-1 ) - NESN, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think Swayman has another huge game tonight.
JVR pots one for us on the 1st PP, dresses in place of Boqvist. Lauko to line 4
Someone needs to absolutely light Matthews up tonight. Reeves, Domi, Bertuzzi want to take runs.......we can as well. Put Matthews in the f***in press box

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I hope the team is more focused on playing a much better game tonight, instead of where they are going after the game.
Because if they play like they did in game 2, then they might as well, stay on a on a retreat.
Play like they want it more than the Laffs, or go home and lick their wounds!

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Someone needs to absolutely light Matthews up tonight. Reeves, Domi, Bertuzzi want to take runs.......we can as well. Put Matthews in the f***in press box

Or Marner/Nylander. Both undersized. Easier to obliterate.

Reactions: BTO

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One trend unsettles me as the Bruins have now lost 4 of the last 5 playoff games at TD Garden ( all in Round 1 )

@DominicT I am hearing the Bruins win or lose will head north to cottage country after Game 3 to escape the Toronto media during the 2 off days similar to what they did in 2011 and Lake Placid.

I can't confirm it but 2 people have told me that is the plan.

If true the location is easily the most Bruins-friendly town in Ontario.

View attachment 858747
Saw a meme yesterday that they’re 33-33 at TDG in the playoffs since winning the Cup in 2011.

Some of that might as well be ancient history at this point and has zero bearing on this series.

However, I challenge you to find a franchise in pro sports that has consistently had the level of regular season success and playoff appearances that the Boston Bruins have had and have won fewer championships.

Fitting if the Centennial season ends with a whimper!

This has been them as long as I’ve been a fan. And yet, they’re my team. They were may team post lockout when the barn was empty and I was sitting in the balcony and would have to beg friends to go to the games with me.

Zero expectations tonight or the rest of the series.
I picked TML in 7.

I’ve got bigger fish to fry in my life right now and will be happy to enjoy 3 hours of playoff hockey with all you folks as a nice diversion from life.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Bruins need to seize the moment while two of Toronto's elite players are non-factors.
I know many criticize Marner for being soft, and Nylander is hurt, but getting those two elite players back contributing to the Toronto attack the could seriously change things. Boston has been outshot both games even without those two doing anything. Dominate now before they add to their offense.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Pitiful.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would agree. Time for the Bruins to make Leaf players pay. Hit Mathews, Tavares, Marner and Rielly
Good point, also try and sucker Bertuzzi and Domi into retaliating penalties and that should not be too hard a task with those two , the elevator does not go to the top.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
One trend unsettles me as the Bruins have now lost 4 of the last 5 playoff games at TD Garden ( all in Round 1 )

@DominicT I am hearing the Bruins win or lose will head north to cottage country after Game 3 to escape the Toronto media during the 2 off days similar to what they did in 2011 and Lake Placid.

I can't confirm it but 2 people have told me that is the plan.

If true the location is easily the most Bruins-friendly town in Ontario.

View attachment 858747
Good. I’m glad they’re not staying in TO

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Tonight feels like it will be the ‘Montreal Forum in the 70’s’ type of game to start. Survive the first ten minutes and take the crowd out of the game. Leafs I am sure will come out in full force with their forecheck. Grind it out tonight and take the W. Main thing I am looking for is a strong physical game again and our forecheck to be much better than game 2. Make their D work to get the puck out. And get pucks in the net. I thought we made it easy on Sammy last game. Loads of shots and shots from everywhere. Look for Jake and Pasta to have big games again.

Let’s go Bruins!👏👏👏👏

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tonight feels like it will be the ‘Montreal Forum in the 70’s’ type of game to start. Survive the first ten minutes and take the crowd out of the game. Leafs I am sure will come out in full force with their forecheck. Grind it out tonight and take the W. Main thing I am looking for is a strong physical game again and our forecheck to be much better than game 2. Make their D work to get the puck out. And get pucks in the net. I thought we made it easy on Sammy last game. Loads of shots and shots from everywhere. Look for Jake and Pasta to have big games again.

Let’s go Bruins!👏👏👏👏
Been saying more shots needed for awhile now it wasn’t just the last couple of games of the regular season that it has been an issue,especially for some of their players,not convinced it’s something that will get addressed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad