GDT: 4/21/24 - 12:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We didn't deserve to win anyway. Absolute shit effort from most of the team. We're not winning anything if our top line keeps playing the way they did in this one.

At least Vasy was good so that's something. Bob was even better though.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The NHL is managing this series folks. Today was so clearly managed with that late penalty call for optics. The game changed once the Cats were gifted the lead by the refs.

Florida is good and don’t need the help. But they’re gonna get it. The league is tired of the Lightning story line. Today was absolutely blatant
This is Leafspeak. Our top line was cheeks. Not sure they cared.

BowB4Bolts

Aug 6, 2021
Tampa
The NHL is managing this series folks. Today was so clearly managed with that late penalty call for optics. The game changed once the Cats were gifted the lead by the refs.

Florida is good and don’t need the help. But they’re gonna get it. The league is tired of the Lightning story line. Today was absolutely blatant
Spare me that BS.

Paul took a stupid penalty and then Dumba fell asleep.

That's it.

Reactions: Meuracas

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Ref blaming is weak, not a even a top 3 reason they lost today.
sure but we are a mediocre team that is only good on the powerplay so if the refs don’t feel like calling shit we just have no chance of winning

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
surprised we kept it even on the scoreboard 5v5

not sure how they can keep doing that the rest of the series, needed this one

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
sure but we are a mediocre team that is only good on the powerplay so if the refs don’t feel like calling shit we just have no chance of winning

Calls come when you actually play well, getting outskated and being sitting ducks don't earn you PP's. Missed calls go either way, but we didn't do ourselves any favors by turning pucks over and getting outworked.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Refs sucked, but that’s to be expected. Our first line, defense, and game plan all were trash.

Cats didn’t dominate 5v5. If we get some calls and our top line doesn’t play it’s worst game of the year we’re easily back in this series.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
love and miss you all ill try to be here on time for next one bottom line is still the kitty cats i dgaf what they did this season playoffs are different and we winning this series and then we own boston so we going to eastern championship then we will see what we see....its always gonna be on vasy i got faith in him being that guy that shut 5 teams in a row down to end series....we got this we going deep and i expect to win the cup so i can get a picture this year im alive and well been fishing almost daily for a month:) doing well lets gooo bolts dont lose the faith we are fine

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
this first line just hasn’t been that good even in the regular season. kuch just putting up a billion points a game masked it a bit but they are just better with hagel.

Kuch and Duclair really don’t play well together. One slows the game down the other wants to play as fast as he can..

Reactions: ccman68

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Have we ever played a good game 1? I can't think of one in recent memory. Little bit of optimism for game 2.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Not a good way to start the series. The only one who show up was Vassy. Rest of the team nothing. No effort, no forecheck, not huge hits, no intimidation, no reactions to provocations. Don't like what I see, hope they can turn the page on Tuesday!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

We aren't that fan base. We don't whine. We don't claim the NHL is rigged.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The Panthers didn't play well either. I expect them to be better so it's only going to get tougher. If Bob keeps playing as well as he did in this game, this might be a short series.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Calls come when you actually play well, getting outskated and being sitting ducks don't earn you PP's. Missed calls go either way, but we didn't do ourselves any favors by turning pucks over and getting outworked.

Naw, penalty calls should come when there are...check this...penalties to call. There were several blatant penalties not called.

"but they didn't call for both teams"

We want lots of penalities, #5 PK and #1 PP.

Like I said, this was not a clean game, if refs swallow their whistles and "let them play" we are f***ed

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The Panthers didn't play well either. I expect them to be better so it's only going to get tougher. If Bob keeps playing as well as he did in this game, this might be a short series.
Panthers in 5 unless we improve significantly at 5v5. We will get at least one game at Amalie, but the Panthers are better in most other facets. Need Kucherov to do Kuch things before the final 3 minutes of the game. Hagel should be on the top line to start Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad