GDT: 4/20/23 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think the switch malfunctioned or something.

In all seriousness, I don't think we're a Cup caliber team this season and I think the guys are most likely exhausted. In years past I would've been annoyed by a game like this, but for some reason this year it's different. Maybe it's because of the 2 Cups or reaching the Finals three years straight, or maybe it's because we all know this team is the worst iteration of any of the past four.

Any team with Point and Kuch can go on a run, especially if Vasy stops playing like I would, but I just don't see it this year.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leaf fans are the most bipolar schizos ever. Lose and they're melting down and about to commit suicide, win and they are full on manic mode, definitely going to win the cup, and insanely confident like nothing bad has ever happened to them before.
Lol 100%.

It's most likely that the fan base is so big that the pessimists come out heavy in numbers when we lose and the opposite happens when we win.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
God damn you sound like a leafs fan right now.

Wonder what Killer did exactly to get 12 minutes last night, especially in a blowout game.
I'm old enough to remember when Alex Killorn was a playoff stud.

Yesterday's gdt thread in the main boards was insane
The best was all the bitching about reffing in a game they were winning 3-0. I don't think they even enjoy sports.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If by some chance the Leafs do not implode and actually get past round one they have no chance of getting to the finals much less a cup. They are playing a AHL team with one line of NHL offense. And a goalie who is struggling. Know what the Leafs could not take the Panthers in s 7 game series much less run with Boston right now. I do not buy the excuse that the team is tired after 3 finals and two cups. What we are seeing is a team that has too many high paid players and cap constraining the remainder of the roster. The D is crippled right now and if Cernak had a concussion and is out just one more game we do not make it to round two.

I’m not counting the Bolts out because one can not ever underestimate the ability of Toronto to shit the bed. If we come home there is a chance to take both those games the the Leafs win game 5 and are eliminated in 6.

This 3rd line has to step up the 4th has. Jeannot should not see the ice again we do not need additional penalty minutes special teams are killing us. 5x5 we can match up but the Leaf PP will be our demise if we continue to just giving them the opportunity.

Good to see a pissed off Kuch if he takes the team on his back and rubs the Leafs nose in offense ability. But if he allows his emotions to take stupid penalties it is a negitive. As satisfying as game one was game two was well a kick in the nuts. The weaker players on the ice were exposed. Vasi has not been good but their tending has been bad as well. Momentum is everything down to who scores first neither team plays well from behind. This should be an exciting matchup but we have more expectation. And why not the core remains in tact. The Leafs are playing to prevent the team from being blown up. They went all in for this run the Bolts on the other hand have been on cruise control all year . JBB has been weak this year but his job is not on the line like the entire staff in Toronto.

Honestly this series could go either way. And that is not supportive of the Leafs being better but the Bolts just showing up each night of the year expecting to win just because.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I started watching this one and my wonderful rural internet gave out late in the 1st. Blessing in disguise. On to game 3. Just like everyone I just want a healthy Heddy and Cernak

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Remember how good Hagel and Killorn were this year?

Now they play with 6irelli.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Need to get Stamkos off the 1st line. Put Hagel there. His overpassing and lack of giving a f*** thus far is horrid.
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know what the fancy stats are, and I don’t care, but 5X5 Stammer is a turnover machine. I know he’s got the C, but Coop has had him with 17 many times. Can’t believe he and Nigel cant see it and deal with it.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Ummm, I'm scared to ask.

Any good news today?

That was depressing last night.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Not even hitting. Losing every single battle. Jesus christ.

Jeanot was an absolute waste. JBB could have traded for a dman with all those picks. We needed a dman at the deadline and now it's biting them in the ass.
Jeannot is a really bad skater.

Essymont can't get back fast enough, watching Jeannot skate is painful.
so painful- Eyessimot is aggressive and fast and puts shots on net- reminds me of Hagel. Jeannot is just painful.

Need to get Stamkos off the 1st line. Put Hagel there. His overpassing and lack of giving a f*** thus far is horrid.
Stammer suddenly thinks he’s a playmaker when he’s on that line- it’s maddening.

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad