TQdTo3F.png

bvOGMlf.png

6zccjpW.png

vrblQEt.png

KdzQkH6.png

zTmbuOX.png

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Marty doing a decent job coaching despite his experience being at the peewee league level. Glad to see it.

Go Bolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
So does this mean, at least for tonight, it's ok to go back to hating Marty again?

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My God the Canadiens are a mess of an organization right now. I feel like Toronto is only the laughing stock of the league because they are good, whereas MTL is so effin bad that we restrain from jokes out of pity.

Bergevin left that organization in absolute shambles.

Reactions: DaBolts

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I feel like Toronto is only the laughing stock of the league because they are good,

Not really sure I agree. Toronto was the butt of jokes all the time between 2005-'16 as well. It's not a matter of whether they're good or not, people ridicule them because no Leafs fan under 60 knows what winning a Stanley Cup feels like, there are people graduating high school this year whose lifetimes have never had a Leafs playoff series win, and yet, because they're the Maple Leafs and they play in Toronto, they have more fans under every rock in North America, the television schedules are always tilted towards them no matter what time zone they're in, and get more media attention to paid to them in Canada than any of the other six teams get combined.

Long story short, the amount of preference they get vs. the amount of preference they've earned has a significant chasm and people will always make fun of them for that. You're Canadian, I'm sure you know that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not really sure I agree. Toronto was the butt of jokes all the time between 2005-'16 as well. It's not a matter of whether they're good or not, people ridicule them because no Leafs fan under 60 knows what winning a Stanley Cup feels like, there are people graduating high school this year whose lifetimes have never had a Leafs playoff series win, and yet, because they're the Maple Leafs and they play in Toronto, they have more fans under every rock in North America, the television schedules are always tilted towards them no matter what time zone they're in, and get more media attention to paid to them in Canada than any of the other six teams get combined.

Long story short, the amount of preference they get vs. the amount of preference they've earned has a significant chasm and people will always make fun of them for that. You're Canadian, I'm sure you know that.
Oh no, I get that there are a million reasons to make fun of the Leafs. To me, it's because a big part of their fanbase still talk about '93 (even the ones who weren't born then) like it was part of the glory years. ...To the point that you almost think they won a cup. Then when you realize THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE FINALS, it kind of shows you where the bar is at for the organization. But my God do they remember good ole Dougie Gilmour...

Anyway...

The state of MTL is just sad right now though. I mean, Edmonton took a lot of ridicule for seeing the same old problems no matter how many #1 Draft picks they added. But man, MTL... There's just very little positive going on there right now, and it seems like there aren't many options to make things better. Their best assets have B-grade value. It seems like, not only are they years and years away from having a good team again, but they are years and years away from even being able to properly start the rebuild. Burning it down isn't even a real option because nobody's gonna take some of those contracts.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

bov

Nov 13, 2010
First time Kucherov has played MTL since the legendary press conference I think.

Reactions: DaBolts

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I am splitting my time between WrestleMania and the game today. So minimal shit posting from me.

I bet Montreal Stone Cold Stunners us. We love playing down to people.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm most interested to see if the Colton line can show some consistency from here on out.

We've won 4 in a row, each one getting a little better, but yesterday was the first it looked like those 3 guys clicked

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'm most interested to see if the Colton line can show some consistency from here on out.

We've won 4 in a row, each one getting a little better, but yesterday was the first it looked like those 3 guys clicked
If they lock it in and play like that other line we had at this time of year, holy smokes, we are going to be dangerous.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm fully expecting the top-6, or at least the top-3, to take the night off. And we will probably see if the bottom-six can carry the load against a bad, but motivated team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad