GDT: 4/16/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
It's pretty identical to Coleman and Goodrow. Goodrow in my eyes looked a lot better right out of the gate but Coleman always had more upside and got better with time. Seems to be the same with Paul and Hagel.
I think Hagel is getting more familiar with his teammates and that's due to his age. He played on a team that had nothing going for it. Now that he's getting exposed to playoff mode, I'll bet his game goes up a notch in the postseason. Paul? He's ready like Goodrow, steady, better offensively, damned good forechecking, and fun to watch in the neutral zone.

Good win boys. We needed that.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, it's fun game. We have these "fun" games against bad teams and WPGs D is atrocious, not to mention that it's their last game of 4 game road trip against all beast teams and it's a b2b. So, yes, enjoy what Paul is doing and Heddy and Kuch but until they start doing it against teams that matter I don't put too much stock in it. Oh, and with all of that, we're only tied against this shit ass team.

Had some rough moments in the first and second but we basically dominated the game save for a few brief instances. Elliott wasn't sharp early, a couple tricky goals by Winnipeg but overall we were a mile ahead. And then in the 3rd , we gave them nothing. There were some positives to take out of this one, even against an inferior opponent.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Had some rough moments in the first and second but we basically dominated the game save for a few brief instances. Elliott wasn't sharp early, a couple tricky goals by Winnipeg but overall we were a mile ahead. And then in the 3rd , we gave them nothing. There were some positives to take out of this one, even against an inferior opponent.
I'm not sure about the positives. Games like this have the potential give our boys the sense that they can turn it on when they need to but we've seen little evidence of that against good competition.

Having said that, the truth is that we have no idea what's really going on with this team, in their heads I mean. Maybe they really don't care who or where they play their playoff round(s). Maybe they just haven't wanted to expend the kind of energy necessary to win against top competition knowing that the playoffs were assured. It's hard to imagine what the mindset is for a group that's got two and wants a third and a piece of history but also has some bitter history of shooting their load too soon. How do you process that and how does it translate to how you play? I'm sure we'd all like to see them firing on all cylinders right now and against everybody, but firing on all cylinders burns gas and we all know how expensive gas is. Just have to hope that experience is going to be the X factor because on that score the Bolts have the most.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Glad we didn't let the 2nd period of this game go south the way it did against the Ducks. From the 2nd half of the whole game we did a great job tilting the ice in our favor and taking advantage of the Jets defensive deficiencies. With this recent slump hopefully we can get things tuned up by the time Toronto arrives on Thursday.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That first round Leafs matchup looking quite likely at the moment.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Who doesn't want the leafs in the first round? It's basically been a free ticket to the second round for a while now. We just need the leafs to keep doing what they do best. Choking.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Who doesn't want the leafs in the first round? It's basically been a free ticket to the second round for a while now. We just need the leafs to keep doing what they do best. Choking.
I think Leafs is a good team, would be a tough series and I expect the team to have this approach too. Respect every playoff team but fear no one.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did we score 5 goals in the span of time it took the Jets to get 3 shots?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad