BRUINS GDT 4/14: Game 2 ECQF: Hogtown (0) at BRUINS (1) 8:14 pm EDT | NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm expecting some really tight officiating early on as they'll want to avoid letting this get out of control. Had they called Kadri for either of his early 2 penalties, they may have avoided this situation. B's have to stay disciplined.
Especially Marchand. Leafs were working hard to provoke him and he kept his cool. I suspect this trend to continue and I’m not sure how much pest like behavio refs will tolerate.

Team needs Marchand to play his game but they don’t need any dirty antics.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not going but my bud will be there in my seats (HF member and stud two way winger in HF pickup game)

I'll be at games 3 & 6 vs Tampa as I run record to 23-0

Feel a tight win and up 2-0 after tonight and Leafs on rope

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Take advantage of Kadri being gone. I think the Leafs will come out hard after falling apart last game. I expect the reffing to be tight after what happened last game. It would be huge to go to TO with 2 wins in the bank.
I think going to Toronto 2-0 is a must ,they are very good at home ,didnt they go undefeated 15 or 16 games at home.Also expecting lots of Power plays for them at home.Bruins worked hard to get the home ice can’t give it away.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Not going but my bud will be there in my seats (HF member and stud two way winger in HF pickup game)

You stop that talk right now, mister!

Reactions: blazenlo

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love the GDT Alicat, the wheel being my favourite part but all of it is great!

The Bruins need to play from puck drop like they did on Thursday. Staying out of the box is key. The Bruins PP is clicking and our PK is much better than the Leafs' PK but don't play with fire.

Waiting an extra hour sucks! We are in for a "historic ice storm" with high winds and a lot of freezing rain, I just hope we don't lose power tonight.

GO BRUINS!!!
Stay warm and dry !
I hope you don't lose power.

Reactions: caz16

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

If the B's lose it's on you :sarcasm:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had so many chores I was going to do today. Instead I sit here with a mug of tea reading the HF.

I am old and must rest up for the big game .

Dan...Wish you were going tonight. I hope man HF B's folks will be there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I had so many chores I was going to do today. Instead I sit here with a mug of tea reading the HF.

Jessie is going and he was sitting in my seats for a couple of the best games and wins this year so we are in good hands

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I believe they win tonight and get one in Toronto and then finish them in game 5
Sounds good to me. We can watch the handshakes on the ice after game 5...I love it as long as it's the B's moving on.:D

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA

I have already been to the vet bringing the cat in for annual checkup/vaccination. It's really nice out there right now if anyone has outdoor errands. Now I have to drop off recycling stuff at the park.
I'm DVR'ing this one as I have a prior engagement from months ago. I will be peeking at my phone for updates though. Will the game be on the NBC Sports app?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We saw what happened in Pittsburgh in Game 2, away team that got spanked came back with a vengeance and took over to even the series. Don't want that to happen here.

completely different games IMO. The Flyers were legitimately "spanked" and embarrassed in game 1. While I feel the B`s were the better team, this was a tied game until very late into the 2nd period and the B`s on a PP, then the Leafs with the parade to the penalty box pretty much the 3rd. Game 1 wasn`t a 60 minute festival of dominating hockey

Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn`t win game but if one of Marner`s or Matthews chances goes in who knows what would have happened the rest of the way

Pretty sure Butch has communicated clearly with the troops that game 2 won`t be a cake walk

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am nervous.

Please play tonight like you did game 1.

A BIG win and no injuries to either team would be sweet.

Many Leaf fans are crying about Kadri but it is his own fault and he is lucky he didn't get more games.. The B's have had to deal with so many missing guys this season. If the Leafs use Kadri as an excuse for a loss than they are lame...One player does not make a team.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

As a Leaf fan, you’re 100% right. We won without Matthews, we can win without Kadri.

If we lose the series, it will be because you guys were the better team, not because Kadri missed 3 games.

Cheers

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
And that`s fine but the last thing I want to see is something we became accustomed to watching this team do for decades when facing the Habs far too often and that`s running around trying to "finish" a check with complete disregard for where the puck is which wound up, far too often with the Habs putting the puck in the back of the net or the refs calling penalties on our boys.

If I`m Butch, I place emphasis far more on taking Matthews out of the game as much as he can with solid positioning on him and not allowing him the time and space to do his thing. The boys did a great job of it in game 1, has to continue

Honestly not worried about that, especially with Backes. He knows when and how to hit.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Honestly not worried about that, especially with Backes. He knows when and how to hit.

yep, I`m more thinking about the less experienced one`s like Acciari/Kuraly etc...but they all played with solid discipline and didn`t release from their lanes to make a hit last game so hoping that keeps up

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Man it's comforting knowing Kadri won't be cruising around head hunting. I think that's really huge motivation to get this done in 4-5. Looking around some of these other powerhouse teams, you get the sense it's the war of attrition that will decide things. The Leafs losing their most vicious guy is such a blessing. Sounds nuts but second to AM, Kadri is the dude I'd most want out.
They still have Camarade Komarov!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad