GDT: 4/14/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Anaheim vs Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Caught the highlights. Seemed like we played a reasonable game? And Killer had the game of his life.
Meh. Mediocre. Killorn played well.

Nick Paul is impressive each game and tonight was no different. 4th line played normal, other lines were a mess for the most part. Their goals came off missed assignments, not really on Vasy. Elliott played very good and deserved the win.

Long way to go considering that was Anaheim...

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I dare not mention one back up goalie’s current shutout streak lest the hockey gods hear me.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Last two years it was game over when we had a two goal lead and that was key for our Cup wins. Now teams as shitty as the Ducks are coming back like it's no problem. Something's amiss and don't tell me they don't care about these games. They wouldn't be showing so much frustration if they didn't care.

Vasy hasn't won now in five straight games. Last time this happened has to be a few years ago. Not like it's been his fault in the last three games though.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Elliott is a huge reason we were able to pull this one out. He made incredible saves that easily could have put the ducks up by two. We need to keep riding his hot streak and let Vasy rest for the playoffs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Meh. Mediocre. Killorn played well.

Nick Paul is impressive each game and tonight was no different. 4th line played normal, other lines were a mess for the most part. Their goals came off missed assignments, not really on Vasy. Elliott played very good and deserved the win.

Long way to go considering that was Anaheim...

Palat desperately needs to find another gear. I'm glad he scored again but the fact it was his first goal in like 26 games tells you all the reason why I'm making this remark at all. I really don't want him coming into the playoffs so cold like this

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I remember when this team could lock it down with a 1 or 2 goal lead and become unstoppable. Other teams barely got 4 shots in an entire period against their fortress like defensive game. I miss that

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
A third of our forwards aren't playing defense and it shows.

The real question is whether that will change come playoffs. I'm on the fence.

But if we continue to play like this, it's going to be one and done.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Not sure where all of the hate for Barzal comes from. He can't control the chatter about himself but has been a good soldier in a system that has cost him a ton of points. I'd love to see the guy play somewhere else. No, the best thing about the Isles going down is how bad they are going to be going forward and how giving Lamoriello those two GM of the Year awards is going to prove incredibly short-sighted. They are old and slow with virtually nothing coming up from the farm and with nothing to show for it. That is all on Lou. People forget that without COVID they don't even make the playoffs in the bubble year and last year were doing the monster fade again and only the shortened season saved them. Yeah, they did fine in the playoffs but were never a true Cup contender and now they aren't going to be for a very long time.
It's not Barzal hate. It's a dig at NBC, especially Eddie O for their/his over the top promotion of Matty's game. While guys like Kuch and Point were lighting it up they were talking about Barzal. It's all in fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad