GDT: 4/13/24 - 5:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's game 80. I don't care about them winning or not unless we could force a better match up. As of right now, we are playing Florida. That's hell.

What I do care about is Kucherov getting two assists and winning the art Ross for the last two games.
What I care about is the team actually showing good signs and looking ready for playoffs. Not looking like ass. Of we were still playing like we did for our 12/14 I'd be feeling alot more confident going unto rd.1 I think the same Tampa team from last years first round exitnis showing up April 20th

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Would be nice to finish strong these last two games, but I won't hold my breath given they have clearly shown a lack of effort since clinching.
The only thing that concerns me about any of it is Vasy. Every time we think he's back in the groove he gives us reason to think that he might not be.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
What I care about is the team actually showing good signs and looking ready for playoffs. Not looking like ass. Of we were still playing like we did for our 12/14 I'd be feeling alot more confident going unto rd.1 I think the same Tampa team from last years first round exitnis showing up April 20th
Our cup runs had mediocre regular season endings, primarily one where we got our asses handed to us by Florida. It's not new. We all want this magical "get hot" heading into the playoffs. We have been. Two games doesn't change that. These other guys want to win too. The Ottawa game wasn't much of anything. This one here, sure. Then again, that team is trying to make the playoffs and one guy already got stretchered off. I'm sure nobody wanted to be candidate #2. You take your losses and move. This is one.

Reactions: Meuracas

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
This was pathetic. Hedman was a joke, Kucherov with a chance to cement an art Ross and he comes out with that effort? Wtf did we just watch.
not kuch’s best game but it was fine. stamkos just can’t hit an empty net. lindgren has also just turned into a god this year and took an assist or two away for sure

Reactions: Outl4w

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The only thing that concerns me about any of it is Vasy. Every time we think he's back in the groove he gives us reason to think that he might not be.
He let in one that wad a terrible play from him, but he was mostly done zero favors by the "defense" in front of him, nor the offense. When you only score two, you win very few

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I would think that it's hard to be playing just for assists. You pass up grade A scoring ops to make a pass and possibly lose the opportunity for all involved. Hopefully he'll just play his game and let it happen.
Agreed but it doesn't help when Point is doing dumb shit and deferring shooting opportunities or forcing it to Kuch. When we turn our eyes to Kuch as a team, less of his magic happens. When everybody plays their game and he gets lost on the ice, that's when it happens. The solution is clearly, put Conor Sheary on his line and let him be the guy. He will forever be etched into Lightning history and become the hero we never deserved.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
it was a good game by vasy. the giveaway was the only problem but that has nothing to do with his ability to stop the puck so i don’t see it as a concern

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
He let in one that wad a terrible play from him, but he was mostly done zero favors by the "defense" in front of him, nor the offense. When you only score two, you win very few
That's all true but when Vasy's at his best he rises above the defense in front of him. Still, it was a nothing game to the Bolts so hopefully it doesn't mean anything.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
it was a good game by vasy. the giveaway was the only problem but that has nothing to do with his ability to stop the puck so i don’t see it as a concern
I hope that's true. I didn't get to watch 85% of the game so I admit that I was going off of the score but regardless of the reasons I never like to see him giving up four.

Reactions: ccman68

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vasi kept us in the game. Their goalie made some good stops too. Oh well. As long as nobody got hurt this one doesn't really bother me much.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
By the end of the day it’s possible that each of the 4 teams scrambling for the final wild card position will have held it for about 15 minutes each on the same day.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
At least Ovechkin didn't get any goals so there's that. Would've been fun to help them miss playoffs but we were pretty ass.

We don't need to worry about re-signing Dumba. He's awful.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Crozier is shiny new toy syndrome, like dozens of defensemen that have come through (Perbix being the most recent). Having a decent cup of coffee or two doesn't mean much, and usually within a year we are talking about how terrible they are.

Reactions: Sky04 and Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad