BRUINS GDT 4/12: Game 1 ECQF: Maple Leafs at BRUINS 7:14 PM ET | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Will be in my seats tonight with my older brother. Since we each buy a share of a pair of season tickets, this will be the first time we have attended a game together in many years. Hope to see the Bruins run over the Leaves like a monster truck during foliage season.

f*** the Leaves!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Babcock runs a Euro game, his Ego and Small man syndrome is a big problem for the Leafs. If Boston hits in the series it will be over quick. Babcock hockey is to play perimeter hockey with smallish puck carriers. He believes the games are won due to his line matching, he does not like nor play physical hockey. Leaf hockey is Detroit hockey in blue.
Unfortunate but true...heavy players are sat in Badcock hockey land.

He loves to match lines, makes no secret about it, his approach is far less to do with domination via physicality but if you watched most/all of his teams, while they weren`t bruisers, they also weren`t shrinking violets who were afraid to go into the corners or do the dirty work.

His most obvious "game plan" if you will is all about puck possession, can`t score if you don`t have the puck, not sure why or what you mean by a problem being caused by his small man problem but....the Leafs are well coached, I`m not a Babcock guy but he`s easily one of the best in the business. There are many who could inherit the lineup he has and mess it up good and proper

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
In Boston, where we control the matchups, I dont see a problem. MBP line should be able to contain Matthews while chipping in the odd goal.

IMO the game is going to be won/lost depending on our Middle 6 vs theirs. We need 2011/13 Krejci if we are going on a run. He could really be an X factor, nvm if he can get Rick Nash going.

Reactions: TP and Bruin1970

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In Boston, where we control the matchups, I dont see a problem. MBP line should be able to contain Matthews while chipping in the odd goal.

IMO the game is going to be won/lost depending on our Middle 6 vs theirs. We need 2011/13 Krejci if we are going on a run. He could really be an X factor, nvm if he can get Rick Nash going.

Game won`t, IMO, be won or lost on line matches, it`ll all be about speed and can the B`s take away as much as they can from the Leafs so as not to allow them to get up to full speed at will

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Biggest obstacle for the Bruins' offense this series is getting the puck around the slot area. Toronto does a good job clogging up the middle of their zone and keeping opposing offenses to the perimeter. If the Bruins can wear down Toronto's defense and use their speed to get to areas around the net, the Bruins should be able to get on the board frequently.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Disappointed that they went with Acciari & Wingels over Donato. Hopefully it works out for them. Nervous about this series, but excited for playoff hockey!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Disappointed that they went with Acciari & Wingels over Donato. Hopefully it works out for them. Nervous about this series, but excited for playoff hockey!!

Wingles with over 50 games of NHL playoff experience, Acciari with what? 4-5 games which clearly isn`t much but he has, at the very least, had playoff exposure. If a change is needed after tonight, it`ll get done

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
mannygif1.gif

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Game won`t, IMO, be won or lost on line matches, it`ll all be about speed and can the B`s take away as much as they can from the Leafs so as not to allow them to get up to full speed at will

Wouldn't that be about getting the right matchups on the ice? Not sure I want the Heinen Backes line out when Nylander, Kapanen, (insert other fast guy here) are out there.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Wingles with over 50 games of NHL playoff experience, Acciari with what? 4-5 games which clearly isn`t much but he has, at the very least, had playoff exposure. If a change is needed after tonight, it`ll get done

I guess. I'd take talent on the 3rd line over 5 games experience though. I agree if they need a change it will get done. Hopefully it just works & no change is needed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wouldn't that be about getting the right matchups on the ice? Not sure I want the Heinen Backes line out when Nylander, Kapanen, (insert other fast guy here) are out there.

not necessarily, all dependant upon structure, guys slipping out of their lane too early or not recognizing the best angle to attack, fore-check or pressure an opponent. One thing I do respect a lot about this B`s team is there really isn`t a line that I would consider to be a consistent worry when it comes to understanding the 200ft game but it`s all about focus, execution. Clearly there are scenario`s where Butch would rather have certain lines out vs certain Leaf one`s but as far as I can tell, Butch doesn`t chase matchups

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I guess. I'd take talent on the 3rd line over 5 games experience though. I agree if they need a change it will get done. Hopefully it just works & no change is needed.

We`ll see what happens, I also am not sure this isn`t about Sweeney/Butch being skeptical about having yet another kid out there to go along with first time playoff players like DeBrusk/Heinen/Grizz. Now, some can argue that the only way to get that experience is to play, can`t disagree, but I wonder if we were to talk to the other 15 NHL coaches in this playoffs and ask them if they`d play a vet (Wingles) ahead of Donato to begin a series and let the kid see how amped up things are from upstairs, most would say they`d give the vet the nod initially IMO

Look, if the B`s lose tonight, IMO, it won`t be due to the fact that Donato wasn`t playing. My guess is we`ll see Donato at some point and it won`t be in a game 6/7 it`ll be sooner than later and if the B`s were to lose this series with Donato sitting out game 1, not a chance in he** would I blame a series loss on a personnel decision that was made in game 1

Reactions: SPV

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
For some reason I'm more concerned about Riley being out than I am about Rick coming back.

All of Schaller, acciari, wingels, Backes, kuraly in the bottom six tells me Cassidy wants to go heavy and wear torontos defense out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad