GDT: 4/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Speaking of chasing 100 - the Bolts are at 96 points and can still hit 100 themselves and even pass Toronto (101 points), although it might be better if they don't if you favor Boston over Florida
Yeah, after having 25 points after 25 games, most thought Tampa getting to 100 was a stretch, but they may still end up getting there. An extra point tonight would've made it a little easier, but I doubt they really care about 100 points all that much at this point.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Tomkins was the best player on the ice. Only 2 goals against one of the worst goalie and one of the worst PK is unacceptable.

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, after having 25 points after 25 games, most thought Tampa getting to 100 was a stretch, but they may still end up getting there. An extra point tonight would've made it a little easier, but I doubt they really care about 100 points all that much at this point.
Yeah, I have never seen a team care so little about meaningless games/numbers. We all know there's only one thing, one achievement, one prize that matters to these guys right now...

And that's getting Kucherov to 100 assists.

• Haha
Reactions: DaBolts and OffBy1

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, I have never seen a team care so little about meaningless games/numbers. We all know there's only one thing, one achievement, one prize that matters to these guys right now...

And that's getting Kucherov to 100 assists.

I know it's a joke but players and teammates absolutely do care about guys reaching milestones or chasing personal awards, especially at the last couple games of the season. The whole team pretty much stopped trying to score and kept feeding Stamkos for that 60th goal, Ovechkin has entered the final games of the season just shy of 50 goals and the whole team just feeds him endlessly. I've been told by relatives how bad the Jets wanted Selanne to beat Mogilny in that 76 goal rookie year, he needed a hattrick in the final game to win it and only ended got 2 resulting in the tie, every 2nd pass was trying to hit Selanne.

So yeah we might see some extra deference/sloppy play from guys trying to hit Kucherov which is ironic because he could probably sneeze out 2 assists if everyone just played normally.

Reactions: Hoek and DFC

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I know it's a joke but players and teammates absolutely do care about guys reaching milestones or chasing personal awards, especially at the last couple games of the season. The whole team pretty much stopped trying to score and kept feeding Stamkos for that 60th goal, Ovechkin has entered the final games of the season just shy of 50 goals and the whole team just feeds him endlessly. I've been told by relatives how bad the Jets wanted Selanne to beat Mogilny in that 76 goal rookie year, he needed a hattrick in the final game to win it and only ended got 2 resulting in the tie, every 2nd pass was trying to hit Selanne.

So yeah we might see some extra deference/sloppy play from guys trying to hit Kucherov which is ironic because he could probably sneeze out 2 assists if everyone just played normally.
Agreed. Reminds me of Brady and Gronk. Lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

No doubt. It wasn't completely meant to be a joke. I think the whole team wants him to hit it. You could see it in the PPs vs. Ottawa.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
In general, hockey players love to say that they don't care about goals and points. Which is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad