GDT: 4/11/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

Yzlamic Preacher*

50 win season, 40 wins for Bish, we're not Stanley cup contenders

Yzlamic Preacher*

So, I'm not sure what to think about this "stat" that I just thought of.

Our backup goaltending only got us 10 wins this season. Is that a normal number?

Man, if Nabokov didn't **** the bed for JUST ONE game, we'd have the division.

I was thinking that too myself

Last edited by a moderator:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Julien with a crybaby performance in the post game. Nothing but excuses about injuries. Never mind that the Bolts had just as many injuries to key players.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
We won that game with three defenseman that couldn't crack the opening night game day roster right? Barberio, Witkowski, and Nesterov. And with three forwards that couldn't crack the opening night game day roster...Marchessault, Paquette, and Vladdy. Helped that Bish played out of his mind tonight...but we beat full playoff mode Boston with 6 players that could be in the AHL or Healthy Scratching right now if we were healthy.

Suck it Boston...you *****es!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I know I will say this again in future threads, but I'll just say right now that, this road to the ECF for Tampa Bay? I'm quite comfortable with it. Now, it's up to them to justify this faith.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I was thinking that too myself

Yeah it's weird. 50 wins is amazing, but somewhere in the long season, an OT loss, a shootout, somewhere, we lost a key single point that would have won us a banner. But at least we're not looking back for that extra win like the Bruins or Kings are.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Not enough for them to beat us once this year. Only one game was even close.

That being said, I am a little worried. Wings have their weaknesses, but dat winning culture.

Didn't they beat us fairly badly once? Like 4-0. The only time we've been shutout since December of last year?

Or have I completely lost my mind?

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Not enough for them to beat us once this year. Only one game was even close.

That being said, I am a little worried. Wings have their weaknesses, but dat winning culture.

Wings have their weaknesses, but we will stoned again if they begins this Bos style of game (they can if they want). Our Veterans -big guys - who are in team for these games was stoned too - Only young guys with heart like №43 will battle. (especially Boyle - Big , slow and without heart)
Its awfull when experienced guys - did not do theyr job
I Hope Coop realized that should not be much hope for them

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
50 wins :handclap: a nice accomplishment but now the season truly starts. I'm not so worried about the defense but the power play must improve. Won't be was against the Wings but if we can focus in our game and use our speed we should get it done.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Didn't they beat us fairly badly once? Like 4-0. The only time we've been shutout since December of last year?

Or have I completely lost my mind?

That was the only victory they had during the season.

Regular season means **** in the playoffs though. Teams get much more time to prep for the other team in the post season. It'll be a tough series, but goaltending is the difference in the matchup imo. If we can get our D back to top shape during the series, we'll be ok. Bish may have to do some heavy lifting until then.

Gonna be a decent series regardless due to the speed of both teams. I just think that the Lightning have more depth offensively.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Wings have their weaknesses, but we will stoned again if they begins this Bos style of game (they can if they want). Our Veterans -big guys - who are in team for these games was stoned too - Only young guys with heart like №43 will battle. (especially Boyle - Big , slow and without heart)
Its awfull when experienced guys - did not do theyr job

Not really sure that we are watching the same team, or just watched the same game. Boyle with no heart?

Look, Detroit played the goon game once this season. And they won that game. But they are simply not built to play that way for a 7 game series. There are reasons that the Lightning could lose this series but Detroit gooning it up won't be one of them.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Not really sure that we are watching the same team, or just watched the same game. Boyle with no heart?

Look, Detroit played the goon game once this season. And they won that game. But they are simply not built to play that way for a 7 game series. There are reasons that the Lightning could lose this series but Detroit gooning it up won't be one of them.

Will hope that

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This game went from feeling like a playoff game, to a please end it and lets move on kinda game. Very weird game.

Oh well, Time for the playoffs!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad