GDT: 4/11/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
1 of the last 4 home games of the season and I'm going, so let's hope they don't stink the place up

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No Pouliot or Pyatt. Bummer.

Gotta wonder why they're scratched. I would've never thought Pyatt could be expendable and Benny P was pretty solid, too.

Sure it's nice to see Panik, Connolly and Nacho getting a chance but still...

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Alright Big Ben lets see what you can do against the those dumb Penguins. If you can steal this one for us, you are for real.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Hedman's adv. stats are pretty impressive. Along with Salo.

Faces the toughest competition. Gets lowest off. zone starts, under 40%.

Tampa score more when he's on the ice and gets scored less when he's off the ice.

He gets outshot but is better compared to the rest of the team.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Cooper said on Pouliot & Pyatt scratches, that right now it's about seeing, what every player can bring to the team (especially the AHL guys IMO), but that leds to the question, why Pouliot is scratched, he is one of the guys I think must play for their spot, but maybe the managment has already decided, that they want to sign him for next year.
Otherwise it would be dumb to sit him.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I think it's more of a transition to a more Cooper-esque team. From Guy Boucher's finesse to Jon Cooper's grit and hard hitting.

I do agree that Pouliot and Pyatt have been very good for us. I don't think there's any other explanation though.

Last edited:

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
If grit and toughness is a priority, then Purcell should be sweating.

On the ice, Pouliot is easily one of our top ten players. Off the ice, he does seem unusually soft and nice. Maybe they are looking for more personality toughness.

Marine.jpg

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Alright Big Ben lets see what you can do against the those dumb Penguins. If you can steal this one for us, you are for real.

...if Bish hasn't proved to you that he's for real by now, then I really doubt he ever will

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
...if Bish hasn't proved to you that he's for real by now, then I really doubt he ever will

I love him and he will be a starter for the future, but the jury is still out, wether he can survive through the Lightning fast goalie roullete or not.
I think neither his performance, nor the performance from Lindbäck at the beginning are any indicator about their future. My Opinion is when both are settled in Tampa they will be both all right and somewhere between their current performances.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I love him and he will be a starter for the future, but the jury is still out, wether he can survive through the Lightning fast goalie roullete or not.
I think neither his performance, nor the performance from Lindbäck at the beginning are any indicator about their future. My Opinion is when both are settled in Tampa they will be both all right and somewhere between their current performances.

Define for real then. I don't think any of us are/were expecting Bishop to be an elite starting goalie. For real for me is a good, capable starting goaltender who can keep us in games. He's done it in Ottawa and he's doing it here in Tampa.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
lol. I hope somebody is recording NBCSN because Liam McHugh pointed out Teddy Purcell as one of the four undrafted players on the Lightning, and said that they had him with Pierre.

It was Vinny.

They both had their heads shaved. :facepalm:

This is awesome. Tonight's game is carried by TSN in Canada, so it isn't on Centre Ice. TSN for some reason is blocked for tonight's game and it is never blocked out. Just when the Lightning play apparently.

EDIT: Apparently TSN HD is working for my brother up the road... but of course not on my box, on the same service.. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
This is awesome. Tonight's game is carried by TSN in Canada, so it isn't on Centre Ice. TSN for some reason is blocked for tonight's game and it is never blocked out. Just when the Lightning play apparently.

EDIT: Apparently TSN HD is working for my brother up the road... but of course not on my box, on the same service.. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ya I have Telus and it works for me on HD. Last year I used Centre Ice on nhl.com and CBC games would blocked on the site, but wouldn't be showed in on TV here in Vancouver because the Leafs are more important apparently. Seems every Saturday on CBC the Leafs are on.

So long story short even though the Lightning would be on CBC it wouldn't be on TV unless they play the Leafs.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga

I still don't understand that nonsense with Centre Ice. Why won't they put every single game including local games on Centre Ice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad