3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way I don’t believe for a second that gallant called kravtsov. He doesn’t give two shits lol

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I remember losing games we should have won... am I misremembering in saying that I don't remember winning games we should have lost?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lundqvist: I think you should play deep in net like me.
Igor: I prefer Ovi's spot.
be7nXE1.jpg

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Now that you look at it in that OT sequence, it's very seductive to see how Igor just slides on the ice so softly and naturally but doesn't over commit and managed to call Nylander's bluff. Nylander had net to shoot at but he expected Igor to slide himself completely out of the net coming back and Matthews would have an open net. Under rated how well Igor handled that sequence making the pad save at the circle then sliding back as quickly as he did and being in position for the Matthews save. Not many goalies would have the composure and balls to not over commit or react.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Last few years we lose these games. We could score but not defend. Not play in tight games. I have said for years id sacrifice offensive skill for a better two way effort. Well with Strome out of the lineup and gallant leaning more on some muckers we just won two really tough road games. Yes last night was about Shesterkin but there was significant pushback in that third period. I’d argue we should have won that game in that period with the chances we had.

these are the games we’re going to have to win come playoff time. We aren’t beating anyone 5-4 at that point. It’s going to be like that Montreal game or parts of the game last night.
lmao playoff time

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Astonishingly meaningless is more like it. 4 games is a drop in the bucket of an NHL season, even last year.

I think it's only to show all the people not impressed with this season's start, that it's not as bad as everyone thinks. If you're trying think the intention is more than that, you're reading way too much into it. Absolutely it's barely a drop in the bucket on the season.

Bring on the next game!

Reactions: CLW

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's only to show all the people not impressed with this season's start, that it's not as bad as everyone thinks. If you're trying think the intention is more than that, you're reading way too much into it. Absolutely it's barely a drop in the bucket on the season.

Bring on the next game!

I was responding to the poster that said something like astonishingly pathetic.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
panarin Zibby could be a dangerous combo. But if Gallant does that, LaF better start producing like a beast.
Plus, we don’t know how strome would do away from panarin for more then a 10 or so game sample size.
We still have some tweaking to do.
We need to replace Geo with a reliable and hopefully cheaper back up.
Hopefully start grooming Barron for his 3C future role
Hopefully chytil can step up, or he much like strome may not be long for the rangers.

If a line plays OK, I don’t worry that much about production. Playing well and production often comes hand in hand in relation to the usage.

These guys would play a hard forechecking fast paced game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They should have made the playoffs last year and would have in a normal season. It's not something that deserves an LMAO.
The expectation of it certainly does.

Being a bubble-team—that didn’t even make the playoffs btw—does not make me daydream about the playoffs during October.

And especially not during the same evening that the Leafs utterly destroyed them. :laugh:

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The expectation of it certainly does.

Being a bubble-team—that didn’t even make the playoffs btw—does not make me daydream about the playoffs during October.

And especially not during the same evening that the Leafs utterly destroyed them. :laugh:

I'll counter with last year we were missing goaltending like we got this game and Mika was MIA for 15 games, Panarin will get going, so we already have two positives from last game that we didn't have early last year.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Now that you look at it in that OT sequence, it's very seductive to see how Igor just slides on the ice so softly and naturally but doesn't over commit and managed to call Nylander's bluff. Nylander had net to shoot at but he expected Igor to slide himself completely out of the net coming back and Matthews would have an open net. Under rated how well Igor handled that sequence making the pad save at the circle then sliding back as quickly as he did and being in position for the Matthews save. Not many goalies would have the composure and balls to not over commit or react.
That was some elite stuff from Igor. Pure Goaltending sexuality. Far more impressive than a desperation glove save which any moron could pull off once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad