3rd pairing D

Status
Not open for further replies.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I really feel sorry for our right D on the 3rd pairing. In years past McQuaid was stuck with an "offensive" D-man that wasn't worth a crap. This year the 3rd pairing RD has to cover for Krug. IMO, "Defenseman" means the guy can play defense.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
cool thread!

personally, Boychuk is the guy bothering me... sick of watching him handle the puck like a grenade

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I really feel sorry for our right D on the 3rd pairing. In years past McQuaid was stuck with an "offensive" D-man that wasn't worth a crap. This year the 3rd pairing RD has to cover for Krug. IMO, "Defenseman" means the guy can play defense.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. he made a pretty strong defensive play on bozak, too bad the refs made a ****ing garbage call.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
At the moment I'm more comfortable with Krug and Miller as the second pair.

Boychuk is the one having to compensate for struggling partners.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
don, I usually like most of your viewpoints, but this was predictable (from you) and WAY OFF, again.

You have a serious axe to grind with Krug and it is reflecting poorly on you.

The kid, Krug, has been making exceptional passes all over the ice and has been playing very, very well. That penalty in OT was a very good defensive play (covering for his partner) and a complete BS "make up" penalty.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I worry more about our 2nd pair's LD than I am Krug.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Rookie defenceman with 14 goals, 23 assists (37 points) and a plus-17 with 73 blocked shots!

Thats right Torey Krug the man "who doesn't play defence" is behind only Chara & Boychuk, tied with Miller for 3rd on the team in blocked shots.

Right now Miller & Krug are one of our most steady combinations. After watching Bartkowski struggle with his defensive awareness last night, its becoming clear that in the playoffs we are going to have run Boychuk-Meszaros as a pair and move Bartkowski back upstairs with Potter.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bartkowski takes a ton of heat here and I`m sorry, never understood why.

What the guy has been asked to do, and the role he has stepped into, and his reaction and play in this role has been exceptionally positive. Does he make mistakes??? Sure, ever see a D-man who doesn`t??? Krug gets the ink.......and a ton of free passes IMO.

Love the kid offensively, and defensively he`s not anywhere near as much of a problem as I anticipated but if I`m a coach, and I have a choice which guy I could put on and it`s between Krug and Bart in the last minute, I trust Bart more as being a guy who can win a battle, and make the safe play.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Krug and Miller were a combined +4 last night. The other 4 defensemen combined for a -4. Strange timing :laugh:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Get Mez and Bart in the press box. Get Quaider back and slap Hamilton in the face to get him playing better.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
You never tire of hating Krug, do ya?

"Hate" is a pretty strong word. I've never the guy so I have no reason to hate him. Krug was just an example. If you read and understand the entire post you will see that I'm talking about past LDs as well as the current one. I just think that we could do better at that position than we've done in the past.

It's no secret that I've included Krug in a lot, most, of my trade proposals but I've always backed it up with good rational. I don't fall in love with any player and would trade my brother if it helped the team.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
"Hate" is a pretty strong word. I've never the guy so I have no reason to hate him. Krug was just an example. If you read and understand the entire post you will see that I'm talking about past LDs as well as the current one. I just think that we could do better at that position than we've done in the past.

It's no secret that I've included Krug in a lot, most, of my trade proposals but I've always backed it up with good rational. I don't fall in love with any player and would trade my brother if it helped the team.

I'd take Krug over Bart every day of the week, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad