3rd overalls

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Chuckalinsky, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Chuckalinsky

Chuckalinsky Registered User

Which third overall would you rather have? Third in 04 or 05. This year it seems to be a crap shoot after the top two. Although studs like Barker and Olesz will be there. But I've heard the 05 draft is supposed to be deep. I have to wonder though because it is a ways away, considering that at this time last year people were braggin about how good the 04 crop was. Maybe holding on to the sure fire Barker would be the wise thing to do. Thoughts?

2. BrooklynCanuck

BrooklynCanuck Registered User

I ated the purple berries, they taste like burning
    Home Page:
    Personally I don't think Barker compares favourably with past #3 picks. Based on that I would rather have it in 05.

3. Mizral

Mizral Registered User

Tech support
    Home Page:
    Barker compares favourably with a couple, but not all. I happen to believe that Barker is actually a lot better than some tend to think he might be, but even still, especially #4 and down, there's not much comparison to other years. '05 should be a HELL of a draft class, and the #3 overall pick there will be much more valuable than a Barker, Tukonen, or Olezs this year.

4. DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza Registered User

I'd take Tukonen this year--and I think the Hawks will surprise a lot of people and do this too--but based on what I've read, the 05 draft is very deep with talent at the top. So I guess 05.

5. Epsilon

Epsilon #basta

If I had to make a prediction on #3 overall next year, I'd guess either Anikeenko or Latendresse would be the pick right now. Anikeenko sounds like a better defensive prospect than Barker (THN gave him a really nice write-up in their 2005 preview), and I think Latendresse is a better forward prospect than any other 2004s (Tukonen might come close). So I'd say the 2005 pick would be better.

I think I'd rather have the 2002 or 2003 3rd overall pick than either of these though. ;) Maybe even 2001 in hindsight (meaning I'd pick Ruutu there).

6. windowlicker

windowlicker Registered User

"I'm in insurance"
    Home Page:
    Thats the way its shaping up to be. Could be even deeper than the 2003 Draft ( :eek: )

7. Chuckalinsky

Chuckalinsky Registered User

Thanks for the imput guys. The one thing that scares me is that the draft seems to always looks better a year away. Like I remember in September when I heard that the top four this year would have gone first overall in 03. Now that didn't pan out at all, with only Malkin fitting that bill. But I have heard that 05 is really shaping up to be a doozie. So hopefully these prospects hold up to their potential for 05. Thanks again and any more thoughts would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.