3rd best VAN draft pick - selections 1-30

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It would be interesting to start a new series of threads (one at a time) with a poll where we can vote on the best player we ever drafted (wether they ended up playing for us or not ) at round #9, #8, #7... and so on...

I guess that might be a little time consuming if there isn't a website that lists our draft history organized by rounds. I've been looking, but haven't found one yet.
Picks are organized in groups of 30, rather than what round they were at the time (as though the league always had 30 teams).

They are color-coded for position, and ordered in descending number of games played.

Picks 1-30 (Current 1st round):

1-30-a_zpsqpss8hhp.png

1-30-b_zpsdkcrlso5.png

Votes to date:

1. Henrik Sedin 78.57%
2. Daniel Sedin 79.03%

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
My vote might be slightly influenced by how zzzzzzz I think Linden is.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Gonna have to go with Trev here. Just based on what he's done and meant to this organization.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Surprised Linden is up there with Neely and ahead of Ohlund tbh. Linden was important for our franchise but he was never as good as Neely or Ohlund.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
My vote might be slightly influenced by how zzzzzzz I think Linden is.

He was never a really amazing player, he just played as hard as he could when it counted, and did a lot for this franchise. He also got us a nice return. Ohlund and Neely are both just far better players than Linden.

I'm curious to see how Nedved is ranked.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I'm curious to see how Nedved is ranked.
I am certain he will be under-considered, just because we have been seeing some bias so far. (This is why I wanted to make sure the career numbers were posted). Nedved was annoying – although his holdout basically got the Canucks to the 1994 finals, so there's that – but he did have a pretty impressively long and productive career.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
what makes me sad is as amazing as trev was in '94, bam bam in the '90 and '91 playoffs... oh what might have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad