Movies: 3rd best star trek movie

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Star Trek First Contact.

I'm not a fan of the Borg Queen as a whole, but she was great in this movie, and it was a great follow up to Best of Both Worlds. Also, to people who hated the use of the Beastie Boys in the JJ films, what did you think of Roy Orbison and Magic Carpet Ride in this film.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
V - TFF

Always loved the storyline, and the whole breaking the barrier. Piqued my imagination more than any other OS movie. The whole concept of their being a barrier between our space and something beyond was completely foreign to me back then.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Star Trek First Contact.

I'm not a fan of the Borg Queen as a whole, but she was great in this movie, and it was a great follow up to Best of Both Worlds.

Agreed. Plus, the acting from all, from Spiner, Sirtis and Frakes all the way to Cromwall and Woodard, not to mention Patrick's epic performace from beginning to end, was probably as good as or better than any Trek movie, even if the script wasn't quite up-to-par.

Also, to people who hated the use of the Beastie Boys in the JJ films, what did you think of Roy Orbison and Magic Carpet Ride in this film.

Considering both were less than 100 years old in the time frame and they were fitting for the scenes (one played on a 70s style jukebox and another on a futuristic CD), they worked.

Beastie Boys in JJs film just reeked of forcing.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Star Trek 3 : the Search For Spock.

First cause I had a huge crush on Robin Curtis as Saavik.

55ede7c1ff97e5f6a06e987d082323de.jpg

We also get the Klingons and our first look at the Excelsior.

We also learn its possible to have a Yellow Alert in Spacedock!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Star Trek First Contact.

I'm not a fan of the Borg Queen as a whole, but she was great in this movie, and it was a great follow up to Best of Both Worlds. Also, to people who hated the use of the Beastie Boys in the JJ films, what did you think of Roy Orbison and Magic Carpet Ride in this film.

Zefram Cochrane liked rock and roll, and those songs appeared to be in-universe. I got the impression that the beastie boys song was just for the promo and not actually a song they were listing to on the Enterprise's radio or whatever, but I guess people are less upset about Steppenwolf in First Contact because it's not out of the realm of possibility that somebody would be listening to a 90 year old song, but sort of a stretch that they'd be listening to a 250 year old song. If I'm still alive in 2063 I'll still be listening to Rush and Led Zep. Me personally, I don't give a **** what song they use in the promo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad