OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My team shit the bed at the worst time.
Yeah you had that big night in the final week of the regular season and then it all went to shit from that point forward. And last week my guys showed up big time. I feel you, my team collapsed at the end of last season.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Nice work this season @nyr2k2 & @bobbop. Good job getting in and advancing. Special thanks to 2K for eliminating @UAGoalieGuy last week who decided to put up a whopping 500+er this week lol.

Not gonna lie… I’m scurred of @Boris Zubov. May 1/2 your roster have terrible diarrhea next week! Good luck 😎👍🏼
I'm just as wary of your squad. Should be a good battle. I just hope someone doesn't get hosed because they have key players sitting out meaningless games.
Congratulations to @Boris Zubov and @Kupo for their playoff semi final wins. The two best teams this season will play for the championship. As it should be!
Thanks, Bob. You had a nice run & put up a good fight...I just happened to have a red hot week.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
CONGRATS @Boris Zubov !!!

Our 2023 — 2024 HFNYR Fantasy Winner !!!

Well Deserved. It’s nice to see the clear best team in the league win the championship. Hopefully our Blueshirts replicate his success these playoffs.
6x6G.gif

1713415983854.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
1. Boris Zubov
2. Kupo
3. nyr2k2 or bobbop
4. nyr2k2 or bobbop
5. UAGoalieGuy
6. Ail
7. EdJo or Haveandare
8. EdJo or Haveandare
9. CMOX
10. Talus
11. DialUp
12. Loki

• Wow
Reactions: Ail and DialUp

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Thanks guys! Overcame a mid season lull & some injuries at the end. I have to give credit to my pro scouting dept. Picked up some gems like Noah Dobson & Quinn Hughes in the later rounds. Plus they found some guys off the street like Jared McCann & Robert Thomas.

@Kupo has a great squad...I never felt comfortable with the lead until last night wrapped up. You finished up the season really strong after a rough start to the year. At one point you were ready to tear it all down.

This is a great group of teams & it's a lot of fun. Thanks to @EdJovanovski for starting the league. You did a much better job as commish this season, letting the league run itself. I hope everyone is in again for year 4.

Looking forward to next season where I can try to do it again. Channeling Ed Olcyzk ....Heave ho, 2 in a row!

Reactions: Ail and nyr2k2

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Congratulations @Boris Zubov !

I don't know why it defaulted to this week being the last week rather than the normal week, which ends a bit earlier because often star players sit out of the final games. I will ensure the final week is the regular week in line with most leagues next year.

There was some confusion regarding the Keeper rules as I thought we were going basically with "Whatever Kupo suggested" but some people may have disagreements with his rules put forward. I personally was AGAINST making this a keeper league in the first place, but the majority wanted it.

We have to sort that out before next season.

Man did I have a terrible season, I don't think I've ever seen that many star players on IR in my life of doing fantasy. I finished 2nd place in the main boards fantasy game, I had comically bad luck there too lol. It's a cats league and I finished 1st place in every single statistical category by a landslide, and in the finals week my goalies lost the following games (DAL lost to CHI, VGK lost to ARI giving up 6 straight goals in the 3rd, COL lost to CBJ) LOL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm going to go ahead and say I think we should start with a redraft, having first established keeper rules going into that draft. We played a whole season without formally adopting any keeper rules and I, personally, think it would be kind of crazy to try to implement them between seasons. We only had a handful of trades in the league and literally not one trade at the deadline, and I think this was in large part due to not knowing what the rules were going to look like, or being sure of what they'd look like.

With that said, I will give it another go next season regardless because I have had a lot of fun with you guys the past two seasons.

Reactions: Ail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad