39 Players are re-entering Draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch 4 Action News

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
According to the latest issue of the Hockey News 39 players have re-entered.

Tim Brent C
Brian Lee D
Martin Vagner D
Francois Caron D
Michael Tessier LW
Marcus Smith D
Patrick Jarrett C
Andre Deveaux C
Russell Spence C free agent?
Pierre Olivier Beaulieu D
Tyler Boldt D
Chris Petrow D
Armands Berzins C
James Cuddihy C
Bill Kinkel LW
Matt Davis G
Adam Taylor C
Jonas Fiedler RW
DJ King C signed by Blues?
Jevon Desautels LW
Joni Lindlof LW
Brad Topping G
Tyson Kellerman G
Justin Maiser LW?

Thats 24 names, who am I missing?

Also, was Yan Stastny of the Bruins eligible to re enter?

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Patrick Jarrett...

....about 6 months before the 2002 draft, MANY people were thinking he was a top 5 pick....

....oops :lol

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
Patrick Jarrett...

....about 6 months before the 2002 draft, MANY people were thinking he was a top 5 pick....

Not really. You're off by about 6 months. Soon after his draft year began he was dropping. Sort of like McGrath this year. At the start of the year he wasn't considered top 5 but a possible 1st rounder.

Go back and check archives, CSS etc if you don't believe me.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
go kim johnsson said:
Patrick Jarrett...

i'm not sure what you're laughing about. no one can really figure out why he wasn't signed. he had a pretty incredible year last year, and was near the top for points in the OHL for much of the season. with the preds weakness at center, most of us are pretty angry he wasn't signed, and I'd be surprised to see him go past the second round.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Anthony Loring said:

He was drafted out of Notre Dame, so no- he doesn't fall under the two-year signing deadline.

The Bruins didn't draft a single major junior player in '02. They insist it was not by design, but they clearly were not under any kind of signing pressure this past June because of it. With a new CBA looming too... Coincidence? I think not.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I think Marcus Paulsson is re-entering the draft. He has played two seasons in the WHL and the Islanders have lost their rights as he wasn't signed Juny 1st.

Tjan9

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
question

Hi, I have a quick question about re-entering the draft. I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, or if it's a bonehead question but...
I was wondering if an unsigned CHL player likeTim Brent has to re-enter the draft? Or does he have the option to become a free-agent and sign with a team? I know there is a difference between him and a guy like RJ Umberger, with the whole NCAA route, but could someone explain to me the exact rule? Thanks so much!!

degroat*

Anthony Loring said:
According to the latest issue of the Hockey News 39 players have re-entered.

Tim Brent C
Brian Lee D
Martin Vagner D
Francois Caron D
Michael Tessier LW
Marcus Smith D
Patrick Jarrett C
Andre Deveaux C
Russell Spence C
Pierre Olivier Beaulieu D
Tyler Boldt D
Chris Petrow D
Armands Berzins C
James Cuddihy C
Bill Kinkel LW
Matt Davis G
Adam Taylor C
Jonas Fiedler RW
DJ King C
Jevon Desautels LW
Joni Lindlof LW
Brad Topping G
Tyson Kellerman G

Thats 23 names, who am I missing?

According to the Blues as a couple days ago, DJ King is still Blues property... apparently he is signed.

Justin Maiser might be one of the ones you're missing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tjan9 said:
Hi, I have a quick question about re-entering the draft. I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, or if it's a bonehead question but...
I was wondering if an unsigned CHL player likeTim Brent has to re-enter the draft? Or does he have the option to become a free-agent and sign with a team? I know there is a difference between him and a guy like RJ Umberger, with the whole NCAA route, but could someone explain to me the exact rule? Thanks so much!!

Yes Brent has to reenter the draft due to his age, if he were a year older he wouldn't be allowed in the draft and would be a Free agent able to sign anywhere. The CHL is for players not signed after 2 years of playing in the CHL that are under 21 years old.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Tim Brent 2002 2nd rd #37 Anaheim
Tim Brent 2004 3rd rd #75 Anaheim

Any other re-entry players picked yet?

Someone going to take Vagner tomorrow?

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I'm surprized no one gave Pat Jarrett another try, he hasn't progressed as well offensively as most hoped he would, but considering an important year in his development was wiped out because of his heart surgery I thought one team might see why he was drafted first overal in the OHL?
Also surprized to see ONeil and McGrath drop so much, I remember the battle to draft them in the OHL...Lacosta did well, goes to show how much things can change in only a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad