GDT: #39 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Thursday, Apr. 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Yea makes sense. Every team only has to gameplay for 7 other teams and often plays them in chunks. AV doesn’t know how to adjust to anything. Honestly, what the hell does even do!?
I honestly don’t know. He likes to think he’s good at getting these guys going by pointlessly scratching players, calling them out to the media, and thinking he’s a comedian.
I literally don’t see him ever say a word on the bench. I don’t know a ton about coaching, but that doesn’t seem right. Even “ no personality” Hakstol spoke on the bench.
I’ve grown to loath AV, as I’m sure the players have as well. Has to piss you off to constantly play shorthanded because your dumbass coach feels the need to scratch a helpful player. Imagine working like that? Imagine working and your boss always decides to make you work with useless slugs which in turn makes your job that much harder.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
isles making moves almost every year for a run....meanwhile we are taking a massive step back. f***ING GREAT. Still want to beat these f***s. Hate the isles lol

Isles are a much older team facing a slowly closing window.

Their "youth movement"
Barzal (23), Whalstrom (20), Beauvillier (23), Dobson (21), Dal Colle (24), Bellows (22), Sorokin (25)
Basically the 2014-2018 drafts. No 2020, 1st or 2nd, no 2021 1st

The heart of the team, Lee (30), Nelson (29), Bailey (31), Eberle (30), Cizikas (29), Clutterback (33), Komarov (34), Martin (31), Leddy (29), Mayfield (28). They added Pageau (28), Palmieri (29), Zajac (35), Varlamov (32).

They're up against the cap (had to trade Toews for that reason).
So they probably have a 2-3 year window.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
H91iMnE.gif

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020

Their "youth movement"
Barzal (23), Whalstrom (20), Beauvillier (23), Dobson (21), Dal Colle (24), Bellows (22), Blackwood (24)

The heart of the team, Lee (30), Nelson (29), Bailey (31), Eberle (30), Cizikas (29), Clutterback (33), Komarov (34), Martin (31), Leddy (29), Mayfield (28). They added Pageau (28), Palmieri (29), Zajac (35).

Isn’t Blackwood on the devils?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Ironically, he is driving all of us to drink more.

I honestly don’t know. He likes to think he’s good at getting these guys going by pointlessly scratching players, calling them out to the media, and thinking he’s a comedian.
I literally don’t see him ever say a word on the bench. I don’t know a ton about coaching, but that doesn’t seem right. Even “ no personality” Hakstol spoke on the bench.
I’ve grown to loath AV, as I’m sure the players have as well. Has to piss you off to constantly play shorthanded because your dumbass coach feels the need to scratch a helpful player. Imagine working like that? Imagine working and your boss always decides to make you work with useless slugs which in turn makes your job that much harder.

I’m right there with you. He doesn’t do a god damn thing. The assistants are coaching and obviously failing. Not like he brought in good options there with the PP horrible and near league leading short handed goals against. Meanwhile good coaches adjust mid game and either hood leads against us or come back. Yea I can’t imagine scratching TK and Ghost is popular with the team. I would not be shocked to hear the players were trying to get AV fired.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Their "youth movement"
Barzal (23), Whalstrom (20), Beauvillier (23), Dobson (21), Dal Colle (24), Bellows (22), Sorokin (25)

The heart of the team, Lee (30), Nelson (29), Bailey (31), Eberle (30), Cizikas (29), Clutterback (33), Komarov (34), Martin (31), Leddy (29), Mayfield (28). They added Pageau (28), Palmieri (29), Zajac (35), Varlamov (32).

you realize what a lot of my fellow Islander fans, who are clutching pearls over picks and prospects, do not

isles have to go for it

Last edited:

BigBear

Mar 28, 2021

Comcast is about the $$$. Selling the merchandise and putting fat fanny's in the seat to stuff their pieholes.. A quality product on the ice? Please. It's all about marketing with No Substance. Just look at who they put in the studio. Credibility? Very sick organization. Clarke and Homgren slithering around upstairs in their offices.. Dave Scott is apparently clueless and blind at this point. He has got some big invested money on the line with his higher-up borrom liners with the GM and coaches, and getting serious smoke blown up his you know where.. The coach? Don't even go there. No idea how this could happen in a competetnt GM. I pine for the days with Lavy.. At least there was player accountability and not all these childish head coaching games..

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
its all we have right now. memes or flyers.....we choose to stay somewhat happy
thats the spirit

I think you guys have a lot of good pieces to work with... you never know how things will shake out in a years time. Just keep the spirits high and root against Pittsburgh.

By the way I absolutely loathe pittsburgh, so I feel like that kind of makes us allies, at least for the moment?

And uh, sorry about that cup winning goal by the way, it WAS offsides, refs have been terrible since before I was born xD

Reactions: Rebels57

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

Their "youth movement"

That looks very similar to the Flyers except their "youth movement" is far superior

BigBear

Mar 28, 2021
Ironically, he is driving all of us to drink more.

I’m right there with you. He doesn’t do a god damn thing. The assistants are coaching and obviously failing. Not like he brought in good options there with the PP horrible and near league leading short handed goals against. Meanwhile good coaches adjust mid game and either hood leads against us or come back. Yea I can’t imagine scratching TK and Ghost is popular with the team. I would not be shocked to hear the players were trying to get AV fired.

Just speaking personally, but with so many other options to watch serious NHL hockey, why waste your time on The Philadelphia Flyers at the present time? Its just not enjoyable, and that is what following a sport is supposed to be, right? You are always going to win some and lose some as a fan, but what we are privy to see now is am insulting, heartless train wreck.. Year after year the same Comcast promises... This franchise literally lost its soul and way when Ed passed... It is now a money-grabbing, rutterless ship... Just watch our local sports writters all try to even write something interesting or creative about this team... Painful... The Fyers are roadkill. I'll go back and follow/watch this organization when there is a true house cleaning top down and they wake up and smell the coffee, then go out and get a real president of hockey operations with the scars, experience, juice, organizational skills farm system up, and the empowerment to do what needs to be done to compete for a Cup.. That is why you have winners and loosers in the NHL today. You either got it or you do not. Flyers 40+ years and counting..

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
thats the spirit

I think you guys have a lot of good pieces to work with... you never know how things will shake out in a years time. Just keep the spirits high and root against Pittsburgh.

By the way I absolutely loathe pittsburgh, so I feel like that kind of makes us allies, at least for the moment?

And uh, sorry about that cup winning goal by the way, it WAS offsides, refs have been terrible since before I was born xD

no i don't think Pittsburgh will win, so im definitely rooting against isles/caps. I hope everyone in the metro loses LMAO. gl to yall tho. We will never good in a years time with out coach/management

Reactions: Thrasymachus

piemeister

Mar 26, 2021
Isles blew up the team by cutting Tavares and got better. They honestly kinda came outta nowhere.

If the Devils turn around their dumpster fire faster than us, I'm gonna be upset.

Reactions: TheKingPin

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad