GDT: #38| FLYERS at Hurricanes | Fri., Jan. 2, 2015 | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ8812*

Read a report that it's above the boot, so at least it isnt the Achilles

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Because if he's out then I never want them to win again this season, starting tonight. Something good NEEDS to come out of this season somehow, all that's left is the draft. The only good thing that I had left, G and Jake scoring, is now gone.

Pretty much, this.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We can rest assured the tank is on, there's no chance of Berube finding away to coach around an injury that major if he's out a while

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
B6ZCfEVCIAAXnB4.png:large

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The achilles runs about half way up the leg. It could still be that even if it looked higher up in the leg.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
I still don't understand how you can cut your ankle with skates and shinpads on. When I look at myself, there's no way it can happen since my ankle is completely covered

When the foot is pointed up it opens up a small space in back of the skate because the ankle guard moves off the ankle slightly and shin guards don't wrap around that area. It's so rare for a skate blade to actually make contact with that area because it's not very much space. The only other time I can remember it happening was with the karlson injury, i mean I'm sure it's happened other times but its still very rare.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
As much as I hate your team and the fans of Philly, for the most part, I hate seeing such a talented player go down to something so serious.

Hopefully, he has a full recovery and is back before you guys tank for McDavid.

potsiev2

Jul 4, 2011
Delaware
A Chinese fire drill is currently happening in that 1C spot, first guy to score or create a goal wins it.

this injury could be a blessing if giroux doesn't have any long term effects from it... this team needs to add a great talent at the top of this draft and being a slightly below average team with giroux in the lineup does no benefit to this team

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
As much as I hate your team and the fans of Philly, for the most part, I hate seeing such a talented player go down to something so serious.

I second that.I was watching during intermission of the Leaf game and it was clear there was panic on the ice.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This ****ing avatar.... every single time I see you post I end up starting at it for like 30 seconds before realizing it. :laugh:

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

thanks for the backhanded sympathy. you can leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad