GDT: #38 - 01/08/15 | New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:30 - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #38 - 01/08/2015

vs
NYR: 22-11-4_________LAK: 19-12-9

TIME | 10:30 PM ET VENUE | STAPLES CENTER - LOS ANGELES, CA TV | MSG, NHLN, SN360, FS-W

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@LAK 6/13/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - KINGS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

We've been talking about challenging ourselves and this game was a good measuring stick of where we're at.
It's a huge win for us.
- Rick Nash

They made it pretty tough to see the puck at times.
But again, we're played with a lot of poise and confidence right now and making a lot of smart moves out there.
We showed some patience. This game, it's a tight game. You can't force anything. The way we responded after their goal, that's impressive and it killed their momentum.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We want to win. And whatever we have to do in different games, you’ve got to find ways to win.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="LOS ANGELES KINGS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 40 | GF | 112
W | 19 | GA | 103
L | 12 | GF/G | 2.78
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.45
Pts | 47 | PIM/G | 10.2
HOME | 14-4-3 | PP% | 20.3
AWAY | 5-8-6 | PK% | 79.8
L10 | 4-2-4 | FO% | 51.1
STREAK | OT1 | S/O | 1-5

Division | 4th
Conference | 7th
League | 13th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Gaborik, Toffoli | 12 Assists | Anze Kopitar | 21 Points | Carter, Kopitar | 29 + / - | Tyler Toffoli | +16 Shots | Drew Doughty | 111 Hits | Dustin Brown | 110 Blocks | Drew Doughty | 72 PIM | Matt Greene | 38 FO% | Jeff Carter | 56.6 TOI/G F: | Anze Kopitar | 19:02 TOI/G D: | Drew Doughty | 29:11

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Marian Gaborik | Anze Kopitar (A) | Dwight King
Tanner Pearson | Jeff Carter | Tyler Toffoli
Dustin Brown (C) | Jarret Stoll | Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford | Mike Richards | Trevor Lewis

LD | RD
Jake Muzzin | Drew Doughty
Matt Greene (A) | Alec Martinez
Jamie McBain | Jeff Schultz

Scratched
Brayden McNabb|
Andy Andreoff|
Jordan Nolan|

STARTING GOALIE:

QuickJonathan2.png

Jonathan Quick

GPI: 33 | W: 16 | L: 9 | OT: 7 | PIM: 12
SV% .917 | GAA: 2.35 | SA: 915 | GA: 76 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Robyn Regehr | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 37 | GF | 117
W | 22 | GA | 91
L | 11 | GF/G | 3.11
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.35
Pts | 48 | PIM/G | 9.1
HOME | 13-5-3 | PP% | 20.2
AWAY | 9-6-1 | PK% | 82.2
L10 | 9-1-0 | FO% | 46.4
STREAK | W3 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 4th
Conference | 7th
League | 13th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 25 Assists | Derick Brassard | 20 Points | Rick Nash | 39 + / - | Rick Nash | +19 Shots | Rick Nash | 134 Hits | Dan Girardi | 90 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 78 PIM | Chris Kreider | 60 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.8 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:33 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:43

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
Lee Stempniak | Dominic Moore | J.T. Miller

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Matt Hunwick|
Tanner Glass|

STARTING GOALIE:

TalbotCam.png

Cam Talbot

GPI: 8 | W: 3 | L: 3 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .928 | GAA: 2.02 | SA: 209 | GA: 15 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
All of this redemption stuff is just ********. The players have moved on, and hopefully the fans have as well. It took me a good two months, and honestly I won't ever really get over it, just have learned to accept it.

Winning this game doesn't change anything about last year.

Just another game tonight, get two points and keep piling it on.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The Stepan line needs to be better tonight.

Stepan had a bad-ish game but that doesn't much concern me. For me to be "off" is pretty rare.

I thought Kreider played well. He is streaky offensively but even when he disappears in the opponents zone he usually plays well enough defensively. He's big and strong enough that he can work along the boards and get the puck out, or use his speed to stretch the other teams D through the neutral zone.

The real problem last night was MSL. He was awful in all 3 zones. I don't expect a little guy to win most puck battles but he has to make it up by being smart. Or at the very least being able to give and receive a pass.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Stepan line needs to be better tonight.

Stepan had a bad-ish game but that doesn't much concern me. For me to be "off" is pretty rare.

I thought Kreider played well. He is streaky offensively but even when he disappears in the opponents zone he usually plays well enough defensively. He's big and strong enough that he can work along the boards and get the puck out, or use his speed to stretch the other teams D through the neutral zone.

The real problem last night was MSL. He was awful in all 3 zones. I don't expect a little guy to win most puck battles but he has to make it up by being smart. Or at the very least being able to give and receive a pass.

At his age it's unrealistic to expect consistency during an 82 game schedule. I just hope he brings it in the playoffs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
All of this redemption stuff is just ********. The players have moved on, and hopefully the fans have as well. It took me a good two months, and honestly I won't ever really get over it, just have learned to accept it.

This. The finals were a long time ago.yes it was painful as a Rangers fan, but we all need to get over it. this should just be another game on the schedule. Play a solid road game and get out with two points.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Prepare for a night of PTSD highlights of that **** ******** goal. Shudder.

Really picked the wrong time to get the flu. I love staying up for these west coast trips and drowning myself in coffee the next day at work. Need my beauty sleep though. So I'll have the TV on and fall asleep as I did last night.

Need a big game from Talbot. Kings team are possession freaks. 2nd best 5v5 CF% in the league.

Gotta keep winning.

LGR

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

The players have moved on but not forgotten, it's not about redemption it's about revenge. Rangers have something to prove tonight

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Last nights game had me so pumped that I couldnt fall asleep for a long time. Work sucks today, cant wait for it to be the same tomorrow.

Also, whats with Hunwick being out for so long over Moore. Hunwick was doing great for a while and while Moore has been ok, I prefer Hunwick, or at least split them on this road trip since you can afford to rest him for a similar talented player.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011

Really picked the wrong time to get the flu. I love staying up for these west coast trips and drowning myself in coffee the next day at work. Need my beauty sleep though. So I'll have the TV on and fall asleep as I did last night.

Need a big game from Talbot. Kings team are possession freaks. 2nd best 5v5 CF% in the league.

Gotta keep winning.

LGR

Friend convinced me to go to a Kings game when I went home over the holidays. They had a 12 minute video on the cup from last year. Nearly puked.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Last nights game had me so pumped that I couldnt fall asleep for a long time. Work sucks today, cant wait for it to be the same tomorrow.

Also, whats with Hunwick being out for so long over Moore. Hunwick was doing great for a while and while Moore has been ok, I prefer Hunwick, or at least split them on this road trip since you can afford to rest him for a similar talented player.

I thought Moore played well last night. In the first 2 periods Staal and Girardi gave the puck away a half dozen times, the Ducks were amazing at blocking passes or picking them out of midair. Anyhow, I didn't notice any bad play out of Moore, he stepped up quite a bit and I didn't notice him getting caught. For the most part, aside from the gaffes I mentioned, the Rangers defense beat Anaheim's forechecking rather well with quick puck movement.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We just have to out skate them... They're going to try to lean on us and tire us out but if we can skate away we should win

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Hope Talbot isn't shaky from sitting out for so long and playing the defending Stanley Cup champions. Please win and kick this team's ass.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I thought Moore played well last night. In the first 2 periods Staal and Girardi gave the puck away a half dozen times, the Ducks were amazing at blocking passes or picking them out of midair. Anyhow, I didn't notice any bad play out of Moore, he stepped up quite a bit and I didn't notice him getting caught. For the most part, aside from the gaffes I mentioned, the Rangers defense beat Anaheim's forechecking rather well with quick puck movement.

For the record I dont think Moore has been solid in his role for a while(and was good last night), but it seemed like AV wanted to go back and fourth between the 2 to keep them active and I'm not sure why you wouldnt put Hunwick in on a b2b since I feel they are interchangeable.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Gotta keep winning.

LGR

Did you not watch the WJC's? They showed that stupid ****ing goal like every other TV timeout. "I'm Alec Martinez and I played college hockey." ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad