GDT: #38 – Sabres at Blackhawks – Thu Jan 5, 8:30PM ET – NBCSN

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Only caught about half this game.

The wingers on this team aren't good enough for a 3 center spine. Talent just gets too diluted. Maybe when Nylander is ready, and Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching are ready to take on bigger roles. Hopefully we keep Reinhart at center, because I've never seen him play so confidently. ROR on Jack's wing, or Jack on ROR's wing. I really feel like they'd work well together.

Anyways, from what I saw, it was a pretty **** game. Lucky to get one point. Every time we dumped the puck in, the Hawks would simply retrieve it and pass the puck out of the zone. PP is much better with O'Reilly, and Eichel was fantastic and deserved 3-4 points tonight. I like Foligno but his game isn't suited for the top six - even as a third wheel. Bogosian was a tire fire, Fedun was solid outside of getting walked on the first goal, McCabe was disappointing.

Oh, and fire DB.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
ROR is horrible 3 on 3. Better start ROR in the OT! Dan Bylsma everyone.

Honestly though they didn't even deserve the point they got. They were thoroughly dominated in this one. I said earlier in the game Chicago's zone entries are a thing of beauty. They are come in with speed or have on point tape to tape passes to gain a zone entry. When do they dump and chase, they do it with speed. Bylsma should watch that game tape and learn a few things.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
They are so far from being a good team on the blueline.

Yes. Its so obvious. Plus they played not to lose. All they did was throw it up the boards. No attempt to break out of the zone with support. It was very annoying. I just hate that approach.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Kane is picking up his scoring but how can Murray covet such bonehead hockey players like Kane and Bogosian? Frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad